We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Nexus 7 Battery/Screen Manufacturing Defect

2»

Comments

  • z3phyr04
    z3phyr04 Posts: 185 Forumite
    This should hopefully show a bit better what I mean (don't have a better camera on me currently). First is my 16GB model and the second is his 32GB model. Notice the gaps at different sides of the battery that give it room to move.

    21y8np.jpg23hakva.jpg
  • Pinkypants
    Pinkypants Posts: 1,337
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hello is that Ford? My car has developed a fault, the front end seems to be a bit bent.

    I only hit the tree a little bit as I mis judged the bend.

    Sadly the tablet was broken because of misuse.
    Helping the country to sleep better....ZZZzzzzzzz
  • z3phyr04
    z3phyr04 Posts: 185 Forumite
    Pinkypants wrote: »
    Hello is that Ford? My car has developed a fault, the front end seems to be a bit bent.

    I only hit the tree a little bit as I mis judged the bend.

    Sadly the tablet was broken because of misuse.

    It's not broken though is it since pushing the cable back in quite clearly resolved the issue. That won't stop it from reoccurring in the future due to the fact that the battery has room to move inside the casing.

    I wasn't posting about it being broken, I was posting to let others know who might experience the same issue without having to send it off for a warranty repair. This is one example of how it could happen, there will be plenty of other ways it could work itself loose over time and one other poster has already said that his came out of the box with this issue. You're drawing parallels where there aren't any to be drawn - read the whole post next time, please.

    Whilst we're on the subject of speaking to the manufacturer, his screen also has the suction cup marks from the manufacturing process so it will be going back to Asus for replacement. Unless you'd now like to tell me that he's been lying to me and peeling off the top of the screen and placing his coffee mug beneath the digitizer on the glass. :rotfl:
  • S0litaire
    S0litaire Posts: 3,535
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    get some pvc (not superglue!!) glue and drop some on the connection once it's been firmly seated!

    Or a small strip of Electrical / Duct Tape

    That should stop it coming out
    Laters

    Sol

    "Have you found the secrets of the universe? Asked Zebade "I'm sure I left them here somewhere"
  • Pinkypants wrote: »
    Hello is that Ford? My car has developed a fault, the front end seems to be a bit bent.

    I only hit the tree a little bit as I mis judged the bend.

    Sadly the tablet was broken because of misuse.

    This is very clearly a manufacturing fault. It is standard practice in electronic equipment to glue parts that could move while in service in case the device in question is knocked. The battery definitely shouldn't be free to rattle round the casing.

    Would you expect your car to brake down every time you drove over a pothole?
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.