Options
124»

Comments

• BOUNDARYROAD
    BOUNDARYROAD Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 8 July 2015 at 10:13PM
    Options
    Hi 2013yearofthehouse

Hello and thanks for helping out tens of people :T:. I am London based a and looking to have a Rockdoor fitted. I'd appreciate a pm with details.
  • BOUNDARYROAD
    Options
    Hi 2013yearofthehouse

Hello and thanks for helping out tens of people :. I am London based a and looking to have a Rockdoor fitted. I'd appreciate a pm with details.
  • Jacquiw63
    Options
    Hi, I know it's a really old thread but I too would like to have a rockdoor fitted and we have 2 small side windows too. Our quote from a local aylesbury company was £2135 for a black Jacobean door with Apollo glass. I think this is a bit steep. Any advice would be appreciated.
  • romeospadre
    romeospadre Posts: 101 Forumite
    Options
    Yes mate , detail would be good.

I am based in Ipswich and the cheapest ive found is Value doors at about £1500 so looking to get a private fitter.

local companies want £1800 fitted for Solidor and various brands

Thanks
  • Furts
    Furts Posts: 4,474 Forumite
    Options
    Yes mate , detail would be good.

I am based in Ipswich and the cheapest ive found is Value doors at about £1500 so looking to get a private fitter.

local companies want £1800 fitted for Solidor and various brands

Thanks

The issue with Value Doors is quality. Do you know exactly what you are getting? But in fairness you may not be bothered about quality, as countless folks are not.

The devil is also in the detail - exactly what back up, support and warranty terms will you be getting? Will it be labour and materials? Who is giving you the warranty? What is the manufacturer support - if any? But again, you may not be bothered about any of this.
  • Annie1960
    Annie1960 Posts: 3,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

I've spoken to 3 companies now who said they used to install them but don't anymore as they had trouble with either the door or Rockdoor customer service - they suggested either Solidor or Rocal instead - I still really like the Rockdoors though!

I've just had the same thing from a local company who no longer fit Rock doors.

It's difficult to know if this is really true, or if they get a better deal with Solidors.

If you're going for a Rock door, remember they come in three different quality levels:

Select (cheapest)
    Elite (middle)
    Ultimate (most expensive).

For example you can get the same door (e.g. Windsor) in all three levels, and the prices vary a fair deal, so check that you're comparing like with like.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure