We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Whatsapp on pc, is it safe/any good?

Barneysmom
Barneysmom Posts: 10,155
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
Ambassador
I use Whatsapp quite a lot lately and wondered if I could put it on my pc so I can type neater/faster as I do a lot of typos/autocorrect with my phone - sometimes with embarassing results! :o:D

I see some websites telling you how to do it but I'm not sure if they are safe to use, can anyone help me to do it please?

Thanks :)
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Old style MoneySaving, Gardening, and Crafting boards. 
 If you need any help on these boards, please let me know.   Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators.
 Please report any posts you spot that are in breach of the Forum Rules by using the Report button, or by e-mailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not of MoneySavingExpert.com

Comments

  • closed
    closed Posts: 10,886 Forumite
    edited 2 February 2013 at 2:08PM
    Can't see any windows version http://www.whatsapp.com/download/

    It's one thing installing something on your own phone, but allowing it to access your phonebook with other people details is undesirable imo


    WhatsApp may periodically access your contact list and/or address book on your mobile device to find and keep track of mobile phone numbers of other users - You hereby give your express consent to WhatsApp to access your contact list and/or address book for mobile phone numbers
    !!
    > . !!!! ----> .
  • phil8715
    phil8715 Posts: 23 Forumite
    I don't think Whatsapp is available for pc's because it uses a mobile phones cellular connection to transmit messages. That's why it's not available for tablets computers.
  • Barneysmom
    Barneysmom Posts: 10,155
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Ambassador
    It is available, if you Google"Whatsapp for pc" lots of results come up, I'm just not sure how ir whether to at all?
    Never thought about that access to contact thing, worth bearing in mind, thanks :)
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Old style MoneySaving, Gardening, and Crafting boards. 
     If you need any help on these boards, please let me know.   Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators.
     Please report any posts you spot that are in breach of the Forum Rules by using the Report button, or by e-mailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not of MoneySavingExpert.com
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.