Santander

Just wondering if anyone can help have had a letter back from Santander stating there was ppi on 4 store cards I have had in the past (which are all paid off now).I asked for the money back as it was never explained to me and have had a letter back today stating I took it out and that they have enclosed a copy of the agreement I signed at the time - I do not remember ever being asked if I wanted this just had to sign the bottom! Now am not sure how to proceed or if it is worth just accepting what they have said.
Thanks for any advice
Tracey

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    It's a little difficult if it's on the agreement you signed, as it would say something to the effect of 'I confirm I have read and understood the above'.

Plus you would have seen it on your statements so could have queried or cancelled it anytime.

Your last chance is if you can demonstrate a reason why it was not suitable for you. eg it would not have provided cover.
  • stephane_2
    stephane_2 Posts: 3,076 Forumite
    You can always argue that you were mislead....was never explained about the PPi...and that you will take your case to the Financial Ombnusman if you are not given full satisfaction....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure