We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Double Glazing Quote

I had a company (based in the South East) fit 5 large windows last year (top quality spec) and they charged me £2900 for supply and installation. Although I know there were cheaper alternatives, I'm very happy with the service and quality and want to use them again.

I've just asked them out for a quote for UPVC French Doors (1800mm wide) and a single window (1500x900 - one opener) and have been given a quote of £2000 which sound a little high to me.

Any comments would be appreciated. Tks.

Comments

  • Ninnut85
    Ninnut85 Posts: 124 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Sounds a bit expensive to me but I guess it depends where in the country you are.
    I've just had a quote for my house x10 upvc white A rated windows (one with toughened glass), x1 white upvc sliding patio door, x1 composite front door all with anti bump cylinders, fully fitted inc VAT £3793.
    Now a proud home owner after saving a deposit for 2 years :j
  • id say at least £500 less
    if you think peoples advice is helpfull please take the time to clicking the thank you button it gives great satisfaction
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.