Amazon failing to provide

In December I ordered a Tassimo coffee maker for my wife's Xmas present. It was advertised at half price and in stock. Once ordered I received a email confirming the order but the delivery date of 22nd Jan? After speaking to Amazon I agreed this date. On the 22nd I received a further email saying they have stocking p problems on this item will get back in touch when the items available.
As the item was half price I want to hold Amazon to this contract but how long can they keep telling me it is out of stock? I notice they are advertising this item still on Amazon though at full price from 3rd party sellers and other company's , Argos, John Lewis etc all have it in stock at full price.
What are my rights in this matter?

Comments

• visidigi
    visidigi Posts: 6,439 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    They cant sell you something they don't have, 3rd party sellers don't come into this scenario.

If you want it, wait it out, Amazon are one of the more likely to come through for you.

The terms and conditions state the contract is not till dispatch, If you complain they wont fulfill then you might find they offer you a voucher for the problem, but they aren't obligated to.
  • As stated, you have no contract until dispatch so you can't hold them to anything
    Don't trust a forum for advice. Get proper paid advice. Any advice given should always be checked
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure