Primus phone

Martin has always promoted Primus as being cheapest line rental provider. I have been with Primus for about 3 years and accessed my account online..no problems.Now I find I need a username for this since Newcall got involved but was never asked to set up one.
I've tried ringing customer service but after 40 inutes on hold gave up (0141 no. how much does this cost?)
Have sent emails asking for help but just get automated replies saying someone will be in touch shortly...2 weeks later I'm still waiting.
Is it legal for them to keep taking money on DD but not allowing me to see my bills because they can't be bothered to help me set up a username.

Comments

• bendipa
    bendipa Posts: 175 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    FLOWERPOT wrote: »
    Martin has always promoted Primus as being cheapest line rental provider. I have been with Primus for about 3 years and accessed my account online..no problems.Now I find I need a username for this since Newcall got involved but was never asked to set up one.
    I've tried ringing customer service but after 40 inutes on hold gave up (0141 no. how much does this cost?)
    Have sent emails asking for help but just get automated replies saying someone will be in touch shortly...2 weeks later I'm still waiting.
    Is it legal for them to keep taking money on DD but not allowing me to see my bills because they can't be bothered to help me set up a username.
    How come you are posting this problem NOW when Newcall changed the login procedure months ago? Have you not tried to access your bills since then? I rang them on the 0800 CS number when I noticed the change and got through to CS without much wait. I suggest you try the 0800 number ouitside the peak period and CS will fix the login situation while you are online and speaking to them.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Since Primus have reportedly ceased to answer the phones, trying at any time will probably not be successful.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • WaterTiger
    WaterTiger Posts: 6 Forumite
    edited 7 February 2013 at 11:38AM
    I have a similiar issue; I've always accessed my bills online since joining Primus in November 2010. There was never any problem until the change to NewCall and - apparently - a new computer system. I received nothing to suggest I should use any different login information, but my password is not recognized and my account is now blocked. I definitely have the correct password: I still have the confirmation email Primus issued when I first signed up, and I've even tried copying and pasting it from the email. The username - which is my Primus/NewCall account number - is not rejected in the error messages, only the password.

I've tried contacting NewCall by telephone and email several times. No answer to the former - lots of irritating information about the company, followed by muzak, followed by ringing tone until I give in and give up - and the latter elicits (presumably automated) responses saying my query will be answered, but giving no idea of when…

I have not been able to access (and thus check) my bills since October 2012 - well before the cold snap NewCall seems to be blaming for
    disruption to its Customer Service.

I was a very satisfied customer; but the old order hath changed. Ignoring customers is really not acceptable, and I'm looking into alternatives.
  • Good afternoon everybody.

My name is Elliott Fischer and I am a representative of New Call Telecom, the provider of the Primus Saver packages.

The purpose of my being here is quite simply to extend the arm of our customer services and to help answer and resolve any issues or queries that you may have.

Reading through your posts I can see that there has been some problems encountered with accessing online billing accounts.

Just to explain, in November 2012 changes were made to our online billing account service in order to provide customers with greater information relating to their bills and also offer additional cost managing features.

Every customer registered to receive their bills online was sent an attachment included within their usual invoice notification email on November 1st explaining how to access the new account.

I have included my email address within my profile so if anyone is still experiencing any issues accessing their accounts, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Hoping you all have a great day.

Elliott
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Perhaps I was lucky but, when the billing system changed, I merely used my account number as my username and then entered my usual password therein:

https://myaccount.newcalltelecom.co.uk/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fsecure%2fdefault.aspx

As a point of interest, I can still access my previous records, using the same account number and password via:

https://secure.planet-talk.co.uk/
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • Good afternoon everybody.

My name is Elliott Fischer and I am a representative of New Call Telecom, the provider of the Primus Saver packages.

The purpose of my being here is quite simply to extend the arm of our customer services and to help answer and resolve any issues or queries that you may have.

Reading through your posts I can see that there has been some problems encountered with accessing online billing accounts.

Just to explain, in November 2012 changes were made to our online billing account service in order to provide customers with greater information relating to their bills and also offer additional cost managing features.

Every customer registered to receive their bills online was sent an attachment included within their usual invoice notification email on November 1st explaining how to access the new account.

I have included my email address within my profile so if anyone is still experiencing any issues accessing their accounts, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Hoping you all have a great day.

Elliott

Yes, I have a copy of that message as well, with the same login (i.e., my account number) and a new password - which didn't work then and still doesn't work! "Invalid Login! Please try again" is what it kept saying, and as of five minutes ago still does, so I assumed that the portal system hadn't been changed after all.

(Incidentally, I wasn't happy about someone other than myself choosing a password for me either. Not very secure, and nothing in the letter about any option to change it, always supposing a login were ever successful.)

Your post still doesn't explain why Customer Service is neither picking up the telephone nor answering emails…
  • Heinz,

The link you supplied took me to a different login page. (As the address shown on the bill wasn't a link, I'd been going to the main page [whose URL I'm not allowed to reproduce here as I'm a newbie, and I can't quote you either for the same reason] and navigating from there, but clearly not finding the correct login page at all.

* Newcall people: if you're putting the web address under the new login data, why not make it either a link or text that can be copied and pasted, so that all the relevant information is in the same place? *

Anyway my login worked on the page you linked! I've now been able to download bills up to the end of last year. Thank you so much. :T
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    WaterTiger: welcome to the forum, but posting in blue and green will mean that less people read your posts. Black is better.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • zax47
    zax47 Posts: 1,263 Forumite
    Heinz wrote: »
    Perhaps I was lucky but, when the billing system changed, I merely used my account number as my username and then entered my usual password therein:

https://myaccount.newcalltelecom.co.uk/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fsecure%2fdefault.aspx

As a point of interest, I can still access my previous records, using the same account number and password via:

https://secure.planet-talk.co.uk/

Unfortunately, if you are new to Primus and haven't been given an account number/username then you have to take your chances with "Customer Services" to get this information before you can even try to login. Let's see if my email to them illicits a response....
  • Im new to primus too, i just emailed [EMAIL="savers@newcalltelecom.co.uk"]savers@newcalltelecom.co.uk[/EMAIL]

They sorted me out with my username and password within the hour! Just logged on and changed my password from the one they gave me. Seemed to work ok!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure