Feb-YOU-ary 2013 - Take your lunch to work thread

Options

Comments

• Edwardia
    Edwardia Posts: 9,170 Forumite
    Options
    mrsdee I'm impressed again:T You should do a LTW cook book !

I get the week off because OH says he rushed around so much he still has a stash so the only things he's LTW'd were a small Riverford fruit bag and a Respect Organics carrot cake (1.80) fantastic bargain. All the women in his office lurve him I think it's cos he dishes out chocs, carrot cake wodges and fruit teas :rotfl:

Candlewick hope you feel better soon (((Candlewick))) and Kittiej aww "It's OK to falter otherwise how would we feel what success feels like" that's soo nice xx

Bought OH a new mug and a chopping board for work from a Welsh dairy co-operative with a cute cow cartoon.
  • kittiej
    kittiej Posts: 2,564 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :wave: Evening everyone :wave:

Hope you're all well, mrsdee your curry sounds lush :drool: I was thinking of making curry earlier on as well. I shall have to see what is lurking in the fridge.

Edwardia, getting the week off is great :jthough not so sure you should be encouraging DH and the babe-magnet thing :kisses:

I need to have a think about what LTW to take next week. I need something exciting so shall have a shufty around to see what's occurring :)

Well done everyone :T
    Karma - the consequences of ones acts."It's OK to falter otherwise how will you know what success feels like?"1 debt v 100 days £2000
  • Candlewick
    Options
    Evening everyone

I am back on the T-L-W challenge today :j

Edwardia, I love Carrot cake, particularly if it's home made!! but I do settle for shop bought now and then! I also very much agree with what you said about Kittiej's comment about faltering and it's so true as well.

Kittiej, I think I am going to dispense with my savings on my signature and go by days because I am finding it difficult to work out what I am saving. Partly because as you know, I only include savings from Weds - Fri (I only seem to remember what I've spent) and my lunches are now factored into my grocery shop. Also, I won't pretend that days are easier to calculate when I get home from work :);) I hope that's not cheating :eek:but being the lovely person you are, I am sure you will agree. :D

CW
    NSD Challenge 2015: Jan 20 / 20 (2 x 5 in-a-row) / Feb 5 / 12 (4 in-a-row) :D

Lesson learnt from 2012: I cannot be trusted to credit card stooze!

Barclaycard at 2 / 02 / 2015 [STRIKE]£4,600[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£4540[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£4250[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£4000[/STRIKE] £3250 need to pay it off by 08 / 2015 before mortgage completion
  • kittiej
    Options
    Hi CW, I totally know what you mean because I have done the same re adding LTW ingredients to my grocery budget so I think counting the days and not the savings is a good idea :)

BTW - there is no cheating on this thread only participating :D so just do what you feel is best and are comfortable with.

and CW very well done on the 'getting back on the horse' as it were :rotfl:
    Karma - the consequences of ones acts."It's OK to falter otherwise how will you know what success feels like?"1 debt v 100 days £2000
  • Snagggles
    Options
    Hey guys! :wave:

Doing ok so far this week. Cup-a-Soup yesterday, chicken noodle pot today, and I have packed a microwave s&s veg and rice pot for tomorrow. I'm only in work until 1.30pm, which is nice, but dangerous if I don't eat before I leave, as there are food places close to my bus stop, designed to taunt the hungry commuter.

"Come iiiiin....come iiiin...we have delicious warm fooooood, and excellent coffeeeee....you know you want tooooo..."

kittiej, I love your quote. Thank you for that.

Happy hump day everyone. :)
    I'm a Money and Debt Adviser for a homelessness and housing charity in Scotland. If you have any questions about debt management and debt relief under Scots Law, just ask.
    The pain you feel today is the strength you feel tomorrow.
  • mrsdee
    mrsdee Posts: 555 Forumite
    Options
    morning all! as it turns out I have the sweet potato curry again today as I made quite a lot and the amount I froze was more than I had thought - lol!! So that's a v cheap week this week. Today i have it with some a chapati (6 for 59p in lidl), yoghurt and mango chutney, some fruit and I have a piece of v low fat homemade fruity tealoaf as standby for emergency hunger crisis!
    Tonight I will roast some peppers and tomatoes with olives, add some garlic and balsamic. I will have that with couscous and some grilled halloumi for dinner this evening and bring the rest in for lunch tomorrow with a yoghurt and some fruit (and maybe some emergency tealoaf as well!!).
    have a delicious day everyone!
    I am thinking about what to make for next week now.... I have some sesame ryvitas that need using up so may make some smoked mackerel "pate" to bring in for a couple of days.... nom nom
    Sick and tired of waking up sick and tired...
    Debt-free, now focussing on being mortgage-free
    MORTGAGE : [STRIKE]Dec 2012 £133,602[/STRIKE]. Dec 2013 £114,092.47 July 2015 £85654
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I've been *fairly* good this week:

Monday was leftover toad in the hole and mash.

Tuesday I had a chicken/pasta/sundried tomato/olive/rocket with pesto dressing salad sent in to work by Mr S PRs on Monday, it was delicious but I had a bit of a tummy upset in the evening so it may have sat on the 'free' table just a bit too long on Monday before i claimed it and put it in the fridge :eek:

Wednesday I went to the supermarket and bought a pot of organic houmous (which was cheaper than the normal!) and a pack of pitta bread which will do for lunch on Friday too.

Today I have the day off and got up late so have had crumpets for brunch. I did however spend a fortune at the supermarket as my son is cooking us moulle mariniere(sp?) for dinner tonight (including posh bread inspired by Edwardia's thread) but cooking is his vocation so i'm trying to view it as an investment :rotfl:
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • Snagggles
    Options
    Hurray, my first full week of not buying lunches. I feel richer already.*

*that's a lie
    I'm a Money and Debt Adviser for a homelessness and housing charity in Scotland. If you have any questions about debt management and debt relief under Scots Law, just ask.
    The pain you feel today is the strength you feel tomorrow.
  • kittiej
    edited 21 February 2013 at 8:48PM
    Options
    How's it going everyone? "Fantastic" I hear you all shout :D

Snaggles, you have an excellent coping strategy for dealing with your 'danger times' so well done for keeping out of those foodie places :T and very well done with your full week of not buying lunches :j

mrsdee, your mentioning of curry got the better of me so we had a treat tonight and had an Indian take away, you are giving me bad cravings lol :D

FatVonD, are there any vacancies for fellow LTWers? The idea of having a free table is fab, this should be brought in by all companies as a way of keeping staff happy :rotfl:(not so good re the poorly tum though).

Well done all :T:T

PS

I notice some of you have mentioned what I said about feeling successful. Thank you for your kind words and if it helps then please repeat at every opportunity you see fit especially if it means that you will brighten someone else's day up :)
  • babes21
    babes21 Posts: 1,665 Forumite
    Options
    It's lovely to hear you all still doing so well, I managed the full 5/5 days last week, I've easily saved well over £100 since I started the challenge.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure