Ebay/Cheap wedding/bridesmaid dresses recommendations

Options
Hi all,

Well it has finally happened and I've found someone silly enough to marry me :T so I'm now on the hunt for a wedding dress. I can't bring myself to spend thousands on it but still want a nice one so am thinking ebay, wedding dress outlet etc.

Has anyone had any good experiences from the chinese sites on ebay that they can recommend? Anyone know any good cheap shops in the Derbys/Notts areas? Am quite happy with second hand :) and am willing to travel anywhere in the midlands/south yorks really.

To be honest any money saving tips or recommendations would be helpful at the moment including hairdressers! :o

No spam or companies please, just genuine responses

Thanks all xxx

Comments

• lisajane8482
    lisajane8482 Posts: 1,186 Forumite
    edited 30 January 2013 at 2:17PM
    Options
    This is my thread for my wedding dress from China experience:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3901437&highlight=

I've ended up buying a second dress which was preloved off eBay which was the orignal one I wanted, I'm not bothered that someone else has worn it. I couldn't justify paying the full price for a dress I would wear for around 10 hours.

You could try looking on preloved:
    http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/list/3165/wedding-clothes-and-bridal-wear.html?keyword=wedding%20dress
  • IloveaScotsman
    Options
    Hi, I just received my wedding dress this week and I am so happy with it! The seller I bought from was asapbay. WOuld recommend to anyone.
    Getting married to Mr M [STRIKE]August[/STRIKE] April 2013!:T
    Wedding diet - 16lbs:j
    Rachel x
  • TwinMummy2be
    Options
    Hi,

I bought my wedding dress on EBay, it was over £1000 new and I got it for £300, it is immaculate and has been dry cleaned.

I have also bought my bridesmaid dresses on eBay from a seller called my angel star. They were around £42 each and are lovely.
  • hp3
    hp3 Posts: 119 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, I bought my wedding dress from ebay but not from china. I trawled loads of bridal shops till I found the dress I liked then kept my eye out for someone selling one online. Preloved is good if you dont mind second hand (they are cleaned and in good condition, most of them) I was very lucky and mine was brand new and the lady wanted to sell it quickly. If you have time I would recommend that as you can have the dress you like but for a heck of a lot less and you know the quality is good. I've heard mixed things about dresses from China and the ony experience I have had was being a bridesmaid for someone whos dresses came from there. The dress was the wrong size and by the time she had paid tax on them it was the same price as having them made or buying them in the sale.
  • Jessycat
    Jessycat Posts: 145 Forumite
    Options
    Berketex Brides hold a sample sale event every few months. I had a look on Friday and found some lovely dresses, one was only £199. You either book through this website http://www.theweddingsale.com/ or find one of their shops.
    Debt free other than a mortgage but still always wanting to save money :j.

Busy saving for my wedding July 2014 :o.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure