Clean up question - confused

Hi

Was discharged in October 2012 and am just starting to clean up my credit file. I have got my report from experian and just wanted a couple of things claried if possible.

1 A loan that was included in my BR is not showing as settled and also has an outstanding balance on it. Am I correct in thinking that I have to contact the lender to get it amended?

2 There is a credit card on there that I haven't had or used for yonks, it's not showing an outstanding balance but doesn't show as settled do I need to do anything with that or is that a normal status??

Many thanks :)
Today is the first day of the rest of my life
:T:dance:

Comments

• dojoman
    dojoman Posts: 12,027 Forumite
    Hi

Was discharged in October 2012 and am just starting to clean up my credit file. I have got my report from experian and just wanted a couple of things claried if possible.

1 A loan that was included in my BR is not showing as settled and also has an outstanding balance on it. Am I correct in thinking that I have to contact the lender to get it amended? Yes.

2 There is a credit card on there that I haven't had or used for yonks, it's not showing an outstanding balance but doesn't show as settled do I need to do anything with that or is that a normal status?? As long as it is not showing as defaulted, you do not need to do anything.

Many thanks :)

Hope this helps?
    :pB&SC No. 298
    Life`s Tragedy is that we get OLD too soon
    and WISE too late!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts