Young, female driver - looking for 2nd year car insurance! Please help :)

patsy21
patsy21 Posts: 30 Forumite
edited 29 January 2013 at 5:51PM in Insurance & life assurance
Hi there,

Firstly, thanks for clicking on my post, it is much appreciated.

As a summary, I passed my test last March, got my first car beginning of April and insurance began on 10th April 2012, aged 22. I got a special deal with Admiral which allowed me to buy 10 months insurance instead of 12 but still gain 1 year's no claims bonus!

So, the time is now here to get my second year of insurance sorted and I know because of the equality laws it will have changed.

HOWEVER, the prices are not as bad as I thought (I've so far only done one comparison on Money Supermarket). Still, I want to save as much as possible. These quotes are to pay up front to save on interest rates over the year.

I have recently become unemployed and am now on unpaid work experience in a Communications/Marketing role (up until January 2013 I have been a Marketing Assistant for over one year since graduating! So, my original quotes were based on the role of 'unemployed', so I decided to change to 'Marketing Assistant' to see the results... and it was over £200 cheaper!!!!!!

I am not planning on being unemployed for long, so because I am paying upfrontit seems very unfair to have to pay £200 extra despite the fact I won't be under the guise of unemployed (hopefully) for the majority of the time the insurance will be valid!!! Does anyone know whether I would get a refund as soon as I perhaps become a Marketing Assistant? Or whether my work experience counts as a viable 'Marketing Assistant' selection on the multiple choice question?

Thanks for reading and for your help. I don't think I have posted on here before (might have years ago), so sorry if I've droned on. :)
:)

Comments

• dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Are you claiming JSA?
  • patsy21
    Hi there,

No I am not!

Thanks for your reply.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,549 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Not claiming JSA or similar then who pays you? Do you have payslips from a company?

You need to beware several things here.. You have been changing those settings in comparison sites and it can get picked up from the fraud systems. They could take it as your trying to manipulate the system.

Also some companies wont count your 10 months policy as a genuine 1 years no claims.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• System
    System Posts: 178,092 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Be aware that very few (if any) insurance companies accept the 1 year NCB from a 10 month policy. You might well be stuck with using Admiral again.
  • patsy21
    Hi,

Thanks for your replies.

Nobody is paying me because I am unemployed! I have pay slips from my previous job dated 31/12/2012 but don't think that will be much use.

Thanks for warning about 10 month policies, on my insurance document it says I have one year's no claims but going to ring around.

Also thanks for warning regarding comparing quotes but I don't think I could be accused of fraud, I plan to be in marketing so was just looking in case I did get a job in that before my policy needs to be fully sorted.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport