edited 7 September 2017 at 4:58PM in Energy
418 replies 134.2K views
1363738394042»

Replies

• MWTMWT Forumite
    968 posts
    500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    I suggest instead of rubbishing what I've said try for yourself and i truly believe you will be back and confirm what I've said...paying quarterly dd does for some reason bring your bill down.
    Well, I guess we both know that isn't going to be happening... :)

• silvercarsilvercar Forumite, Board Guide
    41.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    British Gas are currently offering free homecare for one year when you switch energy to them. Does anyone know if this is for new homecare customers only, or whether exisiting home care customers can take advantage of this?
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debate House Prices & the Economy, House Buying, Renting & Selling, Mortgages and Endowments, In My Home incl DIY, Overseas Holidays & Student boards.
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to [email protected]. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.
  • MWTMWT Forumite
    968 posts
    500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    silvercar said:
    British Gas are currently offering free homecare for one year when you switch energy to them. Does anyone know if this is for new homecare customers only, or whether exisiting home care customers can take advantage of this?
    If you look at the tariff details it should be clear, all of the similar tariffs I've looked at from BG make it clear that the offer is not available to existing Homecare customers...
  • andizhanandizhan Forumite
    1 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Changed to British Gas Green deal 2021...19.124 kWh and 26.822 standing charge. est usage with this tariff £652.48 per annum.
    I am currently getting bills of over £90 per month with virtually everything in the house turned off and its summer.
    On your forum its showing BG 18.07 kWh and standing charge 22.69, both lower than my current, but annual cost £715 per annum.
    This is since having a smart meter installed. BG say I must have faulty appliances!! I am using virtually no energy (I live alone).
    Everything on standby is turned off and I have energy bulbs. Can you suggest anything??? I am desperate to leave BG before I get crippling bills this winter.
  • Gerry1Gerry1 Forumite
    2.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    andizhan said:
    Changed to British Gas Green deal 2021...19.124 kWh and 26.822 standing charge. est usage with this tariff £652.48 per annum.
    When you switch, you're supposed to choose the supplier at the top of the list if you want the lowest price.  Did you choose the one at the bottom? 12p/kWh and 13p S/C are the sorts of figures you should be aiming for.
  • edited 19 July at 5:18PM
    Robin9Robin9 Forumite
    6.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 19 July at 5:18PM
    andizhan said:
    . Can you suggest anything??? I am desperate to leave BG before I get crippling bills this winter.
    What is your actual annual consumption in (kWhs not £)   Working backwards I reckon 2750 kWhs
    Using Gerry1's 12p and 13p  you would pay under £400
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • edited 19 July at 11:52PM
    st999st999 Forumite
    1.5K posts
    ✭✭✭
    edited 19 July at 11:52PM
    I'm on BG's energy and boiler cover May 2021 and just checked on Uswitch  to see if I could get a cheaper deal.
    And the result.

You can’t make any savings!

75 years old and still here.
  • Gerry1Gerry1 Forumite
    2.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't be too sure.
    Did you try separate fuels?  Did you try a wider market search on any other websites?  Some even have exclusive broken drum offers !