Lombard Direct PPI Help

Options

After months of telling them to claim, I'vefinally convinced my inlaws to allow me to claim for their missold PPI withLombard Direct (I understand that this goes through RBS). They know that theyhave it as they were told upon taking it out that they had to have it in orderfor the loan to be accepted. My inlaws are great but sometimes too nice, one ofthe reasons that they had for not claiming was that 'they didn't want to getthe advisor into trouble!'

Anyway, they have had four loans (each withdifferent account numbers) - each was to consolidate the previous and borrowextra. They know that they were told that they had to have it on the first butit was never mentioned on the others so I'm assuming it was just added but I amsending a SAR to find out.

The loans ran from

July 1997 - Dec 1998

Aug 1998 - May 2000

April 2000 - Nov 2003

June 2003 - Feb 2008

So I have a couple of questions

1. Can they only claim for the lastloan as it was the only one active within the last six years?

2. I have four addresses for LombardDirect to send the SAR to - can anyone confirm the correct one?

The Royal Bank of Scotland
Regulatory Risk Data Protection Team
Gogarburn
2nd Floor
Business House B
PO Box 1000
Edinburgh
EH12 1HQ

The Data Manager
Royal Bank of Scotland
Regulatory Risk
Business House B
PO Box 1000
Edinburgh
EH12 1HQ

PPI Customer Concerns Team
Royal Bank of Scotland Group
PO BOX 833
5th Floor
1 Hardman Boulevard
Manchester
M3 3AQ

LombardDirect
PPI Customer Concerns Unit/Bristol
The Royal Bank of Scotland
PO Box 833
4th Floor Trinity Quay
Bristol BS99 5TY

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!! :beer:

Comments

• amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,006 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    If you have the account numbers and reasons for mis sell then put the claims in, you do not need a Sar yet, use the Single Premium PPI as one of the reasons for mis sell and the fact each PPI left after the rebate for the previous one was put onto the next with interest.
    Single Premium does not guarantee a win so put all other reasons too.
  • amersall
    Options
    Forgot to say, ask them to look any other loans that formed part of this chain, if you do not have account numbers for some.
  • prideandprejudice
    Options
    The Manchester address is the one you want to communicate with for any claim. Good luck.:):)
  • titusbungle
    Options
    They aren't sure whether it was on the last three, I'm assuming it was as the payments seemed in proportion to the extra that they borrowed on each, Also they have no paperwork. Should I request the SAR or just send the questionnaire then?

amersall wrote: »
    If you have the account numbers and reasons for mis sell then put the claims in, you do not need a Sar yet, use the Single Premium PPI as one of the reasons for mis sell and the fact each PPI left after the rebate for the previous one was put onto the next with interest.
    Single Premium does not guarantee a win so put all other reasons too.
  • amersall
    Options
    If you have no account numbers then send a Sar, ask for all info they hold on you and not just specific items.
    If you have any account numbers then just make the claim.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure