NOW OPEN. The MSE Forum's energy-themed Ask An Expert event is open for questions. Visit the dedicated board to ask MSE Gary & MSE Andrew about gas & electricity

Which tax year?

My Dad lost his job in September 2011 after the company he worked for went into liquidation. He received a small statuary redundancy payment from the Government in July 2012, from which tax deductions were made.

Does anyone know whether this means these deductions are classified under the 2012/2013 tax year please, or techincally would they apply to the 2011/2012 tax year as this is when the monies were owed? I would like to help him claim the tax back if possible as he was out of work for a further year and every penny counts :(


This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Iceland's helping struggling pensioners

It's giving out free £30 food vouchers

MSE News

Who can suggest a top-notch bed?

This Forumite's mattress is in need of a base

MSE Forum

The Forum 'Ask An Expert' event

Ask your energy questions by Wed 5pm

MSE Forum