The Love is in the Air February NSD Challenge

Options

Comments

• PennySaving
    Options
    I have hit my target 12/12 NSDS today. :j
    A couple more quid in the pot for the horrible credit card. Nice to see amounts adding up though & it doesn't feel as daunting as at first knowing that the 0% ends in December.
    Have a great day y'all and onwards towards March! :D
  • Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hello my beauties!

Yesterday was a horrible, long drawn out day waiting for news of Dad, but it seems all your good wishes did the trick - he made it through his operation, was stable overnight in ITU and is now back on the ward, having spent a short time out of bed tucking into ice cream for lunch!
    Much much relief and gladness all round, and thanks to all of you for your contribution to the magic.

Oh, and amidst all the worrying, I managed to snaffle my final NSD bringing my total to 12 NSDs!
    Not quite my ambitious 15 but good enough.

Bring it on, March!

(Igor? You cannot be serious....I know it's St Davids Day tomorrow, but....DAFFODIL CURRY?????)
    One life - your life - live it!
  • poohbear59
    poohbear59 Posts: 4,866 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I have managed another 2 NSds so have exceeded my target as I am up to 16NSDs
    business mortgage £0))''(+ Barclay's business kitchen loan £0=Total paid off was £96105 PPI claimed and received £13527
    'I had a black dog, his name was depression".
  • HeadAboveWater
    Options
    Hit my target today :j:j:j

:D:D:D12/12 for Feb! :D:D:D

March... BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!
    Wealth is what you're left with when all your money runs out
  • cw18
    cw18 Posts: 8,623 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    And a final NSD in the bag for me, taking me to NSD #16 :T

I'm really chuffed with this, as it's the same figure as I managed in January. This means I didn't spend on a fantastic 51.6% of the days in January, but managed to keep a staggering 57.1% days in February spend free :D To reach the same %age in March I need to reach Nsd 18 which will take some organising!!!!

Ended up 'testing' two ladies who wanted to replace me - one yesterday and one today. Found it quite daunting having to select my own replacement, but the manager informed me yesterday (when he told me the second was coming in) that the choice was going to be mine :eek: I thought the manager had some reservations about yesterday's, but when he asked me tonight which I'd pick she was the one I went for, and when I explained why he said I'd considered them well and he was happy with my reasoning/choice. Hoping I've made the right choice, otherwise I'm not going to be able to show my face there again :o
    Cheryl
  • marmiterulesok
    Options
    I've just made my target of 18 today,as no spends today or yesterday.:D

I'll try and catch up on the last three pages now...

nargle sending lots of positive vibes for your Dad.
  • marmiterulesok
    Options
    kerri_gt wrote: »
    Ugh, I hate it when you're so tired like that, and half the time once I get to bed I end up lying there awake for hours not being able to drop off.
    marmite - oh dear, sorry about the (lack of) early night.. that happens to me as well...and then I can’t get to sleep, bloomin’ annoying:mad:

Nice to know it's not just me who does this.It happens to me too often.I don't know what I think I'm going to miss by going to bed earlier...Once I do get to bed though,I zonk out again pretty quickly.:)

nargle glad it went smoothly for your Dad.
  • flowerofscotland
    Options
    At least I managed to end the month with a NSD so that is a total

16/12

Although I didn't make target mainly due to unforeseen circumstances I am reasonably happy because my unnecessary spending has been greatly reduced - thanks to the inspiration on this thread.
  • slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Today is NSD 16 which means I've met my target :j :j
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
  • EverTheOptimist
    Options
    Reporting in with NSD # 13 / 12 One over target. :j:j

Pleased with that considering I had to write off the first 6 days due to hubby being around. :D

Nargle - glad everything went well for your dad, bet you can relax a little now.

Well done to everyone reaching targets today. And well done to everyone else who added to the NSD collection regardless of target. Yay us. :D
    SPC 14 Target £200 /
    Debt: £11850
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family