Should I reclaim dilemma

Options
Hi all

I am 6 years into a DMP with Cccs and have approx 46k to pay off with payments of 550 pm which is budgetable and I have no intentions of not paying it off but my dilemma is I have paid loads of bank charges as well as had loans which got me in the trouble in the first place and I am attracted to the Ppi reclaims companies as well as want to look into bank charges . But my fear is if I use one of them companies I may end up owing more by having to pay them . I am not also confident that I could do it myself .. Please please any advise welcome as 6 years is a long time and have approx 6 years left and if I could decrease what I owe if I am able to claim anything back would be a great help

Comments

• Wywth
    Wywth Posts: 5,079 Forumite
    Options
    Iloveaudis wrote: »
    Hi all

I am 6 years into a DMP with Cccs and have approx 46k to pay off with payments of 550 pm which is budgetable and I have no intentions of not paying it off but my dilemma is I have paid loads of bank charges as well as had loans which got me in the trouble in the first place and I am attracted to the Ppi reclaims companies as well as want to look into bank charges . But my fear is if I use one of them companies I may end up owing more by having to pay them . I am not also confident that I could do it myself .. Please please any advise welcome as 6 years is a long time and have approx 6 years left and if I could decrease what I owe if I am able to claim anything back would be a great help

If you wish to reclaim credit card charges, follow the simple MSE guide.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/credit-card-charges

You say you are not confident to do so, but if you read it, you will see it is all very easy and starightforward.
    You would have to provide a claims company similar information as to that you would supply a card company so go for it without the middleman and the typical 30% charges they take for acting as a postman and delay service.
  • ALIBOBSY
    ALIBOBSY Posts: 4,527 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Reclaim the charges and any PPI yourself otherwise as you say these companies will end up sending you a bill. Any debts still owed by the original lenders will likely just offset any payments against the debt, but as you say this will help you pay thing off more quickly in the end.

It honestly isn't that difficult, its a case of seeing if you have all the statements for an account, if not you do a request under the data protection act for all the information. Once you have the info you prepare your claim-for the PPI you need to assess if you think it was miss sold and the reasons why-plenty on info on here and other forums about this.

Then its a case of writing to the company concerned to complain-include the FOS PPI questionaire if its for PPI.

There is plenty of info on these forums and I also use the consumer action group who have alot more guidence as well. Takes a small amount of your time and a bit of postage thats all.

Go get em!

Ali x
    "Overthinking every little thing
    Acknowledge the bell you cant unring"

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business