Charges applied to account after claim letter has been sent

Options
Hi all

I am dealing wit my own and my partners claims. His account has been opened for approximately 18 months and in this time he has paid £996 in charges. I sent the letter with a schedule of these charges (using this site) but since I sent the letter my partner has occured a further £69 in charges. We want to claim for this too. I think that when HBOS eventually send him out an offer and he phones them he should mention these additional charges during the phone call and state that he is including them in his claim. Is this the right way to go about this or should I send a letter stating something along the lines of "since I sent you a letter detailing the unfair charges you have imposed on me and asked for these charges to be refunded you have applied a further £69 of charges to my account. I wish to include these in my complaint against HBOS and any further charges you impose on me in the duration it takes for you to investigate my complaint..."

Any comments would be useful

Comments

• AlexisV
    AlexisV Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    Options
    Maybe send another letter saying 'in addition my letter dated x/x/07 I wish to reclaim a further amount of £69 you have unlawfully charged me'.

If it goes to MoneyClaim, add on the £69 to the original amount.
  • hovesh22
    Options
    hello there this is what happened to me , i am in the early stages of reclaiming (sent the letter recently to ask for my statements) last month i was overdrawn by about 5 pounds , the bank sent me a letter that they would be charging me 50 pounds . i phoned the bank and asked them to cancel the charge bc: 1. the charge was ilegal ( the bank maintined that it was legal ) 2. i was going to reclaim every ilegal charge for the past 6 years
    and 3. if they charged me this time i would reclaim it anyway so there really wouldnt be any point. i also reminded the bank that in every single case that i have ever heard of the courts have ruled that the charges are not lawful and the customer has won. the bank agreed to remove this charge from my account but said that if i went overdrawn again i would be charged.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure