Cost of dialling 0551 & 0560 numbers.

in Phones & TV
19 replies 83.3K views
2»

Replies

• billsavingsbillsavings Forumite
    2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry Mr.Bill Savings,but as there may have been other readers having those sorta probs,i only tried to help,is that a crime nowadays.:mad:

Like you i am all for helping people,but it does help if you keep to the subject in hand,and post in the correct sub board. ;)
  • 18821882 Forumite
    460 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    I called an 0560 no. today and was given unobtainable by Primus. I had to call via BT 1280 to get through.

There are folk out there who would just give up thinking the no. was wrong - surely there should at least provide a recorded voice telling them!
  • HeinzHeinz Forumite
    11.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1882 wrote: »
    I called an 0560 no. today and was given unobtainable by Primus. I had to call via BT 1280 to get through.
    Because I could only find BT's charges for calls to 055/056 numbers (fairly) easily, I added using the 1280 prefix for such calls as Recommendation [5] in my '7-steps to reduce costs' signature link a few months ago and also added a new routing rule* to 'the Heinz program' on 13/2/07.

* For simplicity, this inserted a 1280 prefix for calls to all 05 numbers. However, as a result of this thread, that will be modified at the next program update.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • reduxredux Forumite
    22.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A 18185 account will be cheaper than BT
  • HeinzHeinz Forumite
    11.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    redux wrote: »
    A 18185 account will be cheaper than BT
    What do they charge for g6 and g21 calls then?

I can't find any reference to their rates for calling 055 or 056 numbers on their website.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • reduxredux Forumite
    22.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    056000..... - "zero p per minute"
  • reward70reward70 Forumite
    7 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi,

I've just looked at my mobile phone bill for the past month, during which I called a girl I've just started seeing. She told me her landline number was unconventional, in that she had two numbers. One number started in the conventional way, the other was an 0560 number. I queried this at first but she was adamant they were both landlines, so I stoopidly continued (my fault, not hers!!).

Having looked at my mobile phone bill, which has landline calls included in the calls package, I realised I'd paid £16.27 for a 95 minute call, i.e. approximately 17.12p per minute.

I'm going to be calling O2 about this anomally, especially that there is no automatic warning regards this when dialling.

I think I've probably run up a £100+ bill within the past week alone. Doh.

I think I've made several calls
  • edited 16 March 2011 at 12:57AM
    YpaymoreYpaymore Forumite
    2.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 16 March 2011 at 12:57AM
    reward70 wrote: »
    Hi,

I've just looked at my mobile phone bill for the past month, during which I called a girl I've just started seeing. She told me her landline number was unconventional, in that she had two numbers. One number started in the conventional way, the other was an 0560 number. I queried this at first but she was adamant they were both landlines, so I stoopidly continued (my fault, not hers!!).

Having looked at my mobile phone bill, which has landline calls included in the calls package, I realised I'd paid £16.27 for a 95 minute call, i.e. approximately 17.12p per minute.

I'm going to be calling O2 about this anomally, especially that there is no automatic warning regards this when dialling.

I think I've probably run up a £100+ bill within the past week alone. Doh.

I think I've made several calls

Only 01/02/03 numbers are included as/ treated as geographical calls by mobile operators. O560 numbers are voip numbers eg BT Broadband Talk.

"Inclusive minutes

Inclusive minutes can be used for calls to standard UK landlines (starting 01, 02 or 03) and all UK network mobiles. It excludes calls to non-geographic numbers (starting 05, 08), 07744 and 07755 numbers and premium rate (09) numbers. "

http://shop.o2.co.uk/tariffs/24_months
  • edited 16 March 2011 at 8:10AM
    HeinzHeinz Forumite
    11.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 16 March 2011 at 8:10AM
    [3]. Sign up online with 18185.co.uk (there's no monthly subscription charge) and use the 18185 prefix for:

(a) weekday daytime (7am to 7pm Monday to Friday) calls to UK 01, 02 & 03 numbers - 5p each (regardless of duration);
    (b) all calls to 056 numbers - 5p each (regardless of duration);
    (c) all calls to UK mobiles (075, 077, 078 & 079 numbers) - 5p connection + 6p/min. weekdays (6p**/min. weekends);
    (d) weekday daytime (7am to 7pm Monday to Friday) calls to 0870 numbers - 5p connection + 3p/min.

** Use 18185's freephone access number, 0808 1 703 703, instead of the 18185 prefix for this price.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides