Have Natwest accepted me?

Options
Hi all,

I had problems opening a bank account in the past so I never bothered even trying for a few few years. Last Wednesday I decided to give it a go as I am sick of living like a child and not been able to pay for things in store on a card. I had a basic bank account with the Abbey that only gave me a hole in the wall card (it's annoying having to withdraw large sums of cash to pay for things!).

I rang Natwest and went through an application and was informed I had been accepted for their Advantage account (one where you pay a fee each month and receive certain benefits). I wasn't interested in this so they offered me a current account with solo card and cheque book and the possibility of an overdraft. To say I was delighted was an understatement - it looked as though I may receive my first ever switch card and cheque book - I'm currently 32!

I did a credit search on myself and have 2 x defaults from 4 years ago but no CCJ's. I have sky and that is the only form of credit that appears on my credit search - luckily I've never missed a DD so it shows 0000000.

I appaprently have to take I.D and 2 x recent bank statements into my local branch to completed the application.

The reason I am unsure I have been officially accepted is I read a similar post on these boards where a guy had to do the same and wasn't accepted in the end. Also, they couldn't tell me if I can have an overdraft until I have taken the docs into my branch - does this mean then they'll do a credit search and maybe decline me?

I'm a little hesitant as anyone who has had previous credit problems will know the incredible frustration you feel just to try and get a bank account.

Can anyone let me know their experience? Is it guaranteed or am I building my hopes up for another let down?

Kind Regards
Keyser.

Comments

• Tori_Bellatrix
    Tori_Bellatrix Posts: 1,307 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    keyser123 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I did a credit search on myself and have 2 x defaults from 4 years ago but no CCJ's. I have sky and that is the only form of credit that appears on my credit search - luckily I've never missed a DD so it shows 0000000.

My Sky account doesn't show up on my credit files .... :confused:
    :happylove Tori Bellatrix :happylove

.·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·.
  • lola_26
    lola_26 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    keyser123 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I had problems opening a bank account in the past so I never bothered even trying for a few few years. Last Wednesday I decided to give it a go as I am sick of living like a child and not been able to pay for things in store on a card. I had a basic bank account with the Abbey that only gave me a hole in the wall card (it's annoying having to withdraw large sums of cash to pay for things!).

I rang Natwest and went through an application and was informed I had been accepted for their Advantage account (one where you pay a fee each month and receive certain benefits). I wasn't interested in this so they offered me a current account with solo card and cheque book and the possibility of an overdraft. To say I was delighted was an understatement - it looked as though I may receive my first ever switch card and cheque book - I'm currently 32!

I appaprently have to take I.D and 2 x recent bank statements into my local branch to completed the application.

The reason I am unsure I have been officially accepted is I read a similar post on these boards where a guy had to do the same and wasn't accepted in the end. Also, they couldn't tell me if I can have an overdraft until I have taken the docs into my branch - does this mean then they'll do a credit search and maybe decline me?

I'm a little hesitant as anyone who has had previous credit problems will know the incredible frustration you feel just to try and get a bank account.

Can anyone let me know their experience? Is it guaranteed or am I building my hopes up for another let down?

Kind Regards
    Keyser.

(Appologies... Natwest are my employer but hopefully I can help!)

Id details are correct and to the best of my knowledge your account could still decline, dependant on what risk grade you are your application may go to our lending center, usually a straight decline would have come up bu now so I'm hopefull you could at least get a basic account with a view to upgrade in 3-6 months to get chq book etc. As for the gold account, its worth while for phone insurance/discounted loans/overdrafts etc but otherwise, its a waste of £12.(if you ask at some braches they do an offer of 6 months free gold account-did they mention that? can vary branch to branch mind)
    Hope that helps :o
    Lola :A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family