Financial help for New Boiler???

Options
13»

Comments

• Lucy_Lastic
    Options
    OP

Have BG been out yet? What did they say?
  • matelot123
    Options
    Has the Energy Saving Trust stopped helping out with heating systems now? I live in Scotland and I have just had a complete new central heating system fitted for free.They put in 7 new radiators, a combi boiler and fitted new thermostats, smoke alarms up and down stairs and a carbon monoxide alarm.When I applied just before xmas they told me British Gas was doing this until August.Has it all stopped suddenly?
  • Lucy_Lastic
    Options
    Free? Totally free?

How come?
  • matelot123
    matelot123 Posts: 39 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 5 February 2013 at 3:47PM
    Options
    Free? Totally free?

How come?

Hi Lucy.
    I called the energy saving people off the telly advert and answered a few questions about my current heating system and household finances then they said they would send someone round to inspect the house. An engineer came round and described my central heating system as "gubbed" and then proceeded to fill in an application for a grant. I have no idea what the full amount of grant was but we got enough to fit the central heating system as previously described and also to put in loft insulation. I wasn't required to pay anything towards it. It was fitted by British Gas last Wednesday and is insured under their Homecare scheme for the first year.:j
    I thought everyone had heard of this scheme as it was on the telly?
  • Ray_Alexander
    Options
    Well I just this from the STL Heating website:

"New Boiler From 14.99"

Hope it helps !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts