We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Help! EDF owe me money and keep fobbing me off!
Someone please help me!
I moved house at end of November and when changing my gas and electricity someone at EDF made a mistake and put the wrong date that I was moving (a month early). I therefore recieved an owner occupier bill from the time they closed the account to the time I moved (their fault as I had told them the correct date). I didn't put 2 + 2 together until recently after I had paid the final demand letter over Christmas. Then I realised it was a different account to my online EDF account.
I therefore paid £142 bill (on a standard tarrif) plus made 2 direct debit payments of £90 and now when I look at my final bill they have not taken this £142 into account and have billed me for the same period I have already paid.
They owe me £120! I have phoned the call centre 3 times in the last 2 weeks (on hold for about 20 min each time) and each time the person says they have fixed the problem but then I wait and still no refund. Twice they have phoned me back is this a ploy as then the conversation is not recorded??) to say it is sorted and I am still waiting for my refund. I am now at my wits end.:mad:
They made the mistake and I want my money back but I dont know how to get it back- can someone please help. If I owed them money they would have been at my door with baillifs so why should I wait for my money?
If anyone knows what I can do then I would be very grateful- do I need to get my lawyer involved?
I certainly wont be switching back to EDF, the customer service is abominable!:(
I moved house at end of November and when changing my gas and electricity someone at EDF made a mistake and put the wrong date that I was moving (a month early). I therefore recieved an owner occupier bill from the time they closed the account to the time I moved (their fault as I had told them the correct date). I didn't put 2 + 2 together until recently after I had paid the final demand letter over Christmas. Then I realised it was a different account to my online EDF account.
I therefore paid £142 bill (on a standard tarrif) plus made 2 direct debit payments of £90 and now when I look at my final bill they have not taken this £142 into account and have billed me for the same period I have already paid.
They owe me £120! I have phoned the call centre 3 times in the last 2 weeks (on hold for about 20 min each time) and each time the person says they have fixed the problem but then I wait and still no refund. Twice they have phoned me back is this a ploy as then the conversation is not recorded??) to say it is sorted and I am still waiting for my refund. I am now at my wits end.:mad:
They made the mistake and I want my money back but I dont know how to get it back- can someone please help. If I owed them money they would have been at my door with baillifs so why should I wait for my money?
If anyone knows what I can do then I would be very grateful- do I need to get my lawyer involved?
I certainly wont be switching back to EDF, the customer service is abominable!:(
0
Comments
-
-
Someone please help me!
I moved house at end of November and when changing my gas and electricity someone at EDF made a mistake and put the wrong date that I was moving (a month early). I therefore recieved an owner occupier bill from the time they closed the account to the time I moved (their fault as I had told them the correct date). I didn't put 2 + 2 together until recently after I had paid the final demand letter over Christmas. Then I realised it was a different account to my online EDF account.
I therefore paid £142 bill (on a standard tarrif) plus made 2 direct debit payments of £90 and now when I look at my final bill they have not taken this £142 into account and have billed me for the same period I have already paid.
They owe me £120! I have phoned the call centre 3 times in the last 2 weeks (on hold for about 20 min each time) and each time the person says they have fixed the problem but then I wait and still no refund. Twice they have phoned me back is this a ploy as then the conversation is not recorded??) to say it is sorted and I am still waiting for my refund. I am now at my wits end.:mad:
They made the mistake and I want my money back but I dont know how to get it back- can someone please help. If I owed them money they would have been at my door with baillifs so why should I wait for my money?
If anyone knows what I can do then I would be very grateful- do I need to get my lawyer involved?
I certainly wont be switching back to EDF, the customer service is abominable!:(
http://www.edfenergy.com/products-services/for-your-home/customer-services/making-a-complaint.shtml
0 -
Have I got this right ?
You Phoned/Emailed EDF on the day you moved, or very soon after, advising them you'd moved and giving them the closing readings.
You then got a Final Bill - with the Final readings you had given? - which you paid, but later noticed it had an End Date that was a month prior to your moving day
You have now had a further bill, with a new Account No.and based on EDF's standard tariff , which is a demand for power supplied between EDF's wrong moving date and your actual move date a month later - and this bill has a Meter End reading which is the same as the 1st Final Bill
WELCOME TO THE WIERD WORLD OF EDF - YOU ARE NOT ALONE
Forget the phone
WRITE to Edf heading the letter Complaint, enclosing copies of the bills and listing your payments and dates - The word Complaint in writing is a 'magic' switch, Once pressed it puts Edf on notice by the Terms of their Licence that they must resolve the matter in 56 days, if they don't you go to the Ombudsman - It should also stop any further Debt Collecting correspondance0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards