Cruise Insurance for two adults & two children

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Insurance & Life Assurance
6 replies 628 views
forumfan_2forumfan_2 Forumite
719 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Insurance & Life Assurance
Please could someone give me some advice where to get good insurance for a cruise to Spain/Portugal/Canary Islands/Madeira for two adults and two children (preferrably with the excess waiver option).

In the past I have used M&S insurance but this year the same policy appears to be about £20 dearer.

Many thanks

Replies

• forumfan_2forumfan_2 Forumite
    719 Posts
    Is there anyone who can help?
  • hansihansi Forumite
    3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    You don't say whether you want single trip or annual cover. If you go more than once a yera, then annual is usually cheaper. I have used Atlas Direct for the last two years and whilst I haven't had to make a claim, you do have the option to purchase the excess waiver scheme. You can find them at http://www.atlasdirect.net/index.aspn
  • forumfan_2forumfan_2 Forumite
    719 Posts
    Sorry, I should have said it was a single trip policy I was looking for, my husband is a farmer so I have to make the most of the two weeks holiday he takes each year!
  • MissBehavingMissBehaving Forumite
    585 Posts
    Hi there

Lucky you... going on a cruise. We went on one to the caribbean with Royal Carribbean last year. Best holiday I have ever had.

We got our insurance through Travel Insurance Web - http://www.travelinsuranceweb.com/?vrid=2&sourceCode=OMGAFF
    they were the cheapest by quite some amount.
    Also, becuase we were looking for cruise insurance, I was very fussy over which one we took.

Have a lovely holiday.
    :dance: "Never save something for a special occasion. Every day in your life is a special occasion". _party_
  • hansihansi Forumite
    3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    forumfan wrote: »
    Sorry, I should have said it was a single trip policy I was looking for, my husband is a farmer so I have to make the most of the two weeks holiday he takes each year!

well, you could still try Atlas. Hope you have agreat cruise. We are dedicated cruisers and try to go at least twice if not three times per year.
  • uih039uih039 Forumite
    102 Posts
    Part of the Furniture
    forumfan wrote: »
    Please could someone give me some advice where to get good insurance for a cruise to Spain/Portugal/Canary Islands/Madeira for two adults and two children (preferrably with the excess waiver option).

In the past I have used M&S insurance but this year the same policy appears to be about £20 dearer.

Many thanks

I have booked insurance using this site:

http://www.247travelinsurance.co.uk/

It's also for a cruise (Northern Europe) for 2 weeks for 2 adults and 2 children. I paid £21.82 but did not waive the excess (£75 I think).

Andrew.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals