Garage door

Could anyone recommend a firm in the Leicester area to either repair or replace our standard single up-and-over metal garage door, please?

The loop at the end of the wire it is suspended on has broken on one side. Not sure if it can be repaired (it must be 37 years old so it owes us nothing) or whether we should have a new one, maybe a uPVC one that doesn't need painting?

Many thanks for any advice.

violetta :)
A chicken crossing the road is poultry in motion

Comments

• Nile
    Nile Posts: 14,930
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Ambassador
    Hello violetta

I'll move your thread to the 'In my home' board.

Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere(please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].

Regards

Nile
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the 'I wanna' and 'In my home' and Health & Beauty'' boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • manda1205
    manda1205 Posts: 2,366
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    you can replace the 'cones and cables' they are service items, dunno about getting them tho, traders like to do the full job and charge about £70 all in (i used to do these, im mandas OH) but its knocking on, i wouldnt buy another up and over, the newer 1's are really poorly made unless you get the top notch jobbie complete with steel frame and roll back gear and then you could get 1 like i do all leccy etc etc fitted and done

trade price that fitters pay is £130 for the cheapest but thats to a co from a manufacturer

shout me if you need more info
  • ormus
    ormus Posts: 42,714 Forumite
    ebay has the spares you require. any handyman could replace them.
    Get some gorm.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport