Qmee - making money searching the web

Options

Comments

• BritishBibliophile
    Options
    Which browser are you using fly-catcher? I'm on Chrome and haven't seen odd symbols or the like recently.
  • joegw
    joegw Posts: 791 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    I've had it installed for over a year on Chrome, made £3.96 in the first few weeks and nothing since. Just tried to cash out and getting an error. Once resolved I will be deleting it off my toolbar
    :) Thanks to all who post comps! :)
  • geordie_joe
    geordie_joe Posts: 9,112 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Anyone getting a little icon in their tray saying there is an update to Qmee? I clicked on it and had a progress bar which loaded and closed down. But had it again today!

I didn't notice an icon, but a couple of days ago I was on the qmee page and it said there was an update available, so I installed it.

Last night I was searching amazon and a qmee ad popped up. When I clicked on it I didn't go to the new page. Instead, my screen was split, the new bit being the same width as the qmee ads. The advertiser page appeared in the new bit, and I clicked a couple of links on it. But I did not get credited with the 5p for it!

In fact I am almost certain it DEDUCTED 5p from my total.

Earlier I was thinking about buying something on ebay. I did a little scribble to work out how much would come out of my bank if I bought it. i.e. how much was in my paypal account plus cashing out 58p from qmee and the remainder would come from my bank.

After I clicked the qmee ad I looked at my qmee account and there was only 53p in there.

So either I misread earlier and had 53p not 58p and got nothing for clicking the ad. Or I did have 58p and when I clicked the 5p ad it deducted 5p from my total.

I will have to wait until next time to check.
  • Tinman
    Tinman Posts: 880 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Search for B&Q.
  • fly-catchers
    Options
    I did a search for "what do frogs eat" yesterday (having found one in my greenhouse). And Qmee kindly came up for links to multivitamins sites!! :)
  • lexie2
    lexie2 Posts: 296 Forumite
    Options
    I've been getting the 'Update available' every few days. I thought there couldn't be that many updates surely?
  • Tinman
    Options
    Roof Rack on Ebay
  • tomnat
    tomnat Posts: 47 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Tinman worked a treat! :T
  • Tinman