Breakdown Cover

Options
nordberg
nordberg Posts: 333 Forumite
Are there any deals gong at the moment? I've tried looking at Quidco but they don't seem to have any affiliates....

Comments

• Crabman
    Crabman Posts: 9,943 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Try the breakdown cover article or let us know what you're after in terms of cover - number of vehicles, number of drivers, level of cover. :D
  • nordberg
    nordberg Posts: 333 Forumite
    Options
    Crabman wrote: »
    Try the breakdown cover article or let us know what you're after in terms of cover - number of vehicles, number of drivers, level of cover. :D

Thanks for the reply. Looking for simple breakdown cover for one vehicle. Ideally it will cover the vehicle anywhere in the UK inc the keepers address.

Was with RAC until they put the price through the roof. Have been cover-less for the last 9 months but need to get something sorted ASAP..
  • cptncanary
    cptncanary Posts: 191 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I recently switched from the AA to the MSE recommended Autoaid. Many people seem have had good experiences when making claims, and it's dirt-cheap to start with!:beer:
    C'mon you Canaries!!
  • bylromarha
    bylromarha Posts: 10,085 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Another fan of autoaid.

Used them for over 2 years. the 2 claims I've made have been turned round in a week.

They're much cheaper than anything you'll find via quidco.
    Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?
  • Quinny_2
    Quinny_2 Posts: 1,351 Forumite
    Options
    Wouldn't bank on it.

My mate has just got GF's recovery plus for his wifes 5 year old Kia Sedona,via Quidco,for £35,but the policy varies slightly,depending on the car.For example,my 406 HDi was £37,but the wifes 306 was about £5 more.

With Autoaid,you pay up front for the repair,and then claim it back,iirc.

And I wouldn't fancy this:
    Home Assistance

If the vehicle breaks down at your home or within one mile of your home, we will arrange help and reimburse any call-out fees and labour charges needed to start the vehicle. If the vehicle cannot be repaired quickly at the scene of the breakdown, we will reimburse the reasonable cost of taking the vehicle to the nearest available garage. The maximum reimbursement under this benefit ONLY is £65.

And YOU pay for the call to get them out:
    HOW TO OBTAIN ASSISTANCE
    If you require assistance you can make your own arrangements or you can call our 24-hour Rescue Control Centre on
    01277 720700, quoting your Document number and name.

Whereas Green Flag:
    call the emergency breakdown number
    0800 051 0636
    Open 24 hours a day 365 days a year

Ken.
    That's my mutt in the picture above.
  • Crabman
    Crabman Posts: 9,943 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    In most cases the call would be from a mowbli which charges 0800 numbers anyway. My car still has the original 3 year breakdown but Norwich Union has competitive prices for vehicle based membersihp and it's actually the RAC (NU now own the RAC).

:D
  • AMO
    AMO Posts: 1,464 Forumite
    Options
    nordberg wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. Looking for simple breakdown cover for one vehicle. Ideally it will cover the vehicle anywhere in the UK inc the keepers address.

Was with RAC until they put the price through the roof. Have been cover-less for the last 9 months but need to get something sorted ASAP..

RAC, since they introduced their Solutions products have tried to add non-essential stuff to the packages and increase their cost. The main thing that they've added is the No Claim Discount of 10% per year. To offset this, the package is increased by 25%.

When ringing RAC ask for Standard Cover rather than the new Solutions.

RAC are going once you start needing Joint or Family cover. AutoAid etc are most competitive if you need only single cover.

Also, ring up and haggle. ;)

AMO
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family