Company Car driver so No NCD - Help

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Insurance & Life Assurance
4 replies 745 views
Gray0103Gray0103 Forumite
100 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Insurance & Life Assurance
I have driven a company car for the last 6 years, and I have no opted out of the company scheme. I will receive a monthly allowance and will claim business miles at teh appropriate rates.

However what do I do about insurance, I have no NCD due to not having my own insurance for 5 years. Is there any way I can 'cash in' on being a careful company car driver ? Or do I have to bite the bullet and claim no NCD ?

Any help much appreciated.
Only one Debt left and thats the Mortgage

June 05 - £110,500
June 06 - £ 99,000
June 07 - £96,000
June 08 - £90,000 TARGET
June 09 - £85,000 TARGET

Replies

• When I did this, I got the guy who organised all the company car stuff to write me a letter saying I had driven for x years with no accidents etc etc. I presented it to the insurance company who gave me the equivalent NCB. The only issue is I can't remember which insurance company it was - it might've been churchill :)
  • Gray0103Gray0103 Forumite
    100 Posts
    Jeewhizz wrote: »
    When I did this, I got the guy who organised all the company car stuff to write me a letter saying I had driven for x years with no accidents etc etc. I presented it to the insurance company who gave me the equivalent NCB. The only issue is I can't remember which insurance company it was - it might've been churchill :)

Not all of the 5 years have been with the same company, but I will give it a go

thanks
    Only one Debt left and thats the Mortgage

June 05 - £110,500
    June 06 - £ 99,000
    June 07 - £96,000
    June 08 - £90,000 TARGET
    June 09 - £85,000 TARGET
  • When I went from having a company car to a private car, my insurance company accepted my driving record as was and gave me a NCD based on that. I am with Direct Line.
  • Likewise Esure will accept Company Car NCD. If you can get a letter from both companies I think they will accept it is full NCD.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals