Two months left!

Options
Hi!

My DRO finishes on the 31st of March 2013.

I understand I need to get credit reports and copies of my register off the insolvency website and ensure it's all up to date etc etc....

Is there anything else I should do?

Obviously I understand the affect on my credit will last for the next 6 years... is there anything I can do to help my credit build up in the meantime? I have a phone contract and pay utilities, but I'm aware that they have a very small impact on credit ratings.

I also don't want to apply for anything I'll be declined for as that too won't look great on the report.

I am so excited :rotfl:

Comments

• Foxy-Stoat_3
    Options
    Well done for getting this far.

Make sure all the default dates on your credit report are correct. If your DRO started 5 years ago then you need to wait for another 12 months before they drop off your file.

Apply for ONE high interest credit card, vanquish or similar. Buy your petrol ONLY and clear it in full every month. Do this for a year and don't miss a payment.

Dont apply for anything else, if your declined wait for 6 months and apply again with another card provider with high interest.
    "Dream World" by The B Sharps....describes a lot of the posts in the Loans and Mortgage sections !!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure