esa medical questionnaire

Options
Hello

Im just worried about this questionnaire I got through last week I need to fill it in but wondering why they have sent it im worried because the docs n ESA no I can't work will I get.my money stoped or will it change what are questionnaires for

Comments

• Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,837 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    mama.a wrote: »
    Hello

Im just worried about this questionnaire I got through last week I need to fill it in but wondering why they have sent it im worried because the docs n ESA no I can't work will I get.my money stoped or will it change what are questionnaires for

What is your present situation? Are you getting ESA at the moment for the last few months? After approx 13 weeks you are sent an ESA 50 which must be completed in the time given or your money will stop. Depending on the form you may go directly into one of two groups, WRAG or support. If not enough information then you will have to attend a 'medical' which will determine if you remain elegible.
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • Horseunderwater
    Options
    Hello

You do need to complete form ESA50 - we have all had to do them. IT is part and parcel of getting the full rate of ESA paid to you the claimant. You do not say if you are new claimant from scratch or if you have been migrated over from incap benefit.
    Assuming the former, you are paid Assessment rate for exactly 13 weeks from the date the DWP accept the initial claim. Then you should have that form to complete and return and depending on the information you put in it, they will decide if you need to have a F2F medical (WCA) or not. If they have enough evidence from the form alone, you will not need to have the WCA, but they cannot I believe turn the award down at all. You will be put in either WRAG or Support group. However if you have to have a WCA, you have to attend and be assessed by the HCP at your nearest ATOS centre and the person doing the interview is the one who takes down your answers and sends them off to the DWP recommending yes or no. You need to look at the descriptors for ESA and see which ones you qualify for in terms of how your illnesses affect you on a daily basis preventing you from doing any work.

http://pseudo-living.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/esa-descriptors-and-points.html

To get into WRAG - a min of 15 points are needed and to get into support you then have to meet at least one of the support group conditions or one of the special circumstances at the end.
  • mama.a
    mama.a Posts: 87 Forumite
    Options
    Thank u for the replys ..im on it for mental illness and severe endometriosis
    Iv been on ESA over 3 years iv been for a medical about 2 years ago
    Im thinking is this normal for them to send me again or planning to stop my money
    I'll have to get it filled in and wait :s ..thank u again for your replys
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,837 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Thank u for the replys ..im on it for mental illness and severe endometriosis
    Iv been on ESA over 3 years iv been for a medical about 2 years ago
    Im thinking is this normal for them to send me again or planning to stop my money
    I'll have to get it filled in and wait :s ..thank u again for your replys

Yes it's perfectly normal and two years since your last 'medical' is pretty good. They really won't stop your money unless you don't comply or they deem that you are no longer eligible.
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport