We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Homecare plan or alike

tony863
tony863 Posts: 386 Forumite
Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
On my previous thread I explained that I had a boiler problem and that I was going to get a gas installer to have a look at it.

Anyway, went to work today and two people told me that they used BG Homecare and they both really rated it. One used it once and the other used it twice. Neither had anything bad to say and one of them told me that they never joined them till they had a problem.

That person said their boiler had something wrong with it. They joined Homecare and then waited 48hrs. Then rang and BG came to fix the problem!

Can this be true? Seems too good to be true!

Comments

  • Then they were the lucky ones - when I wanted to join they wanted me to have a power flush done first and only they could do it to the correct standards - the charge at that time was over £700 - they would not accept any other plumber doing one. So I could not get homecare cover. I have since done all repairs needed to my CH at my expense and it now works as it should and I have not wasted £250 per year paying for boiler cover.
  • ollski
    ollski Posts: 943 Forumite
    tony863 wrote: »
    On my previous thread I explained that I had a boiler problem and that I was going to get a gas installer to have a look at it.

    Anyway, went to work today and two people told me that they used BG Homecare and they both really rated it. One used it once and the other used it twice. Neither had anything bad to say and one of them told me that they never joined them till they had a problem.

    That person said their boiler had something wrong with it. They joined Homecare and then waited 48hrs. Then rang and BG came to fix the problem!

    Can this be true? Seems too good to be true!

    It's not really in the spirit and there is a very good chance that the engineer may say that the fault is clearly pre-exsisting the contract. That said you wouldn't be the first to try it.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.