DRO Discharge over 2 years but still a problem

Options
I got my 12month discharge from my dro around 2 years ago (3 years this august) and am still having problems getting things like car insurance on a monthly payment basis and can't even get a phone contract etc.

So, I signed up at noddle and see that two of the creditors are still listing me each and every month since the start of the dro as in default.

Please can someone help me sort this out or point me in the direction of a sticky or something that explains how I go about rectifying this problem.

I would like to start rebuilding my credit score up, but even with a prepaid credit card, it would be futile while these two jokers are still creating defaults each month.

Comments

• Bosie
    Bosie Posts: 1,218 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    drostudent wrote: »
    I got my 12month discharge from my dro around 2 years ago (3 years this august) and am still having problems getting things like car insurance on a monthly payment basis and can't even get a phone contract etc.

So, I signed up at noddle and see that two of the creditors are still listing me each and every month since the start of the dro as in default.

Please can someone help me sort this out or point me in the direction of a sticky or something that explains how I go about rectifying this problem.

I would like to start rebuilding my credit score up, but even with a prepaid credit card, it would be futile while these two jokers are still creating defaults each month.

Hi, even though you're no longer under a DRO you will find it difficult to get credit related products.
    The reason will be because a DRO is still a form of Bankruptcy and will stay on your credit files for 6 years.
    Plus the creditors would have defaulted you and again will remain on file for a period of 6 years.

So if you did a DRO in2010 it will drop off in 2016. So if in August 2010 it should automatically drop off in August 2016.
  • Dano1311
    Options
    I too have had a DRO order in March 2011, i have struggled to gain credit, but i got copies of my credit report and look at it and was shocked that most of the creditor still had the account as active and registering information against me, i contacted them and have made sure that the file has been marked settled, i suggest you have a look yourself that all the information is correct.

Yes the DRO on your file will stop you getting accepted in the short term but you can get some credit.

I have an Orange pay monthly Sim card, the idea being that they do a reduced credit check on you for it keep up payments on it and pay them on time and it will show on your credit report so starting to put some positive on the file for once.

Im told after you have made 6 months of payments on a pay monthly sim card, orange will look at you payments with them and possibly upgrade you to a phone without going through a credit check, i will find out if this is true next month, but in the mean time im liking the fact that for the same price as i would pay for pay as you go, ive got a line of credit, and making the payments to register it on my file, as last thing you want is in 6 years time to have no credit history at all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure