Can I get cashback from Egg Money Credit Card?

Options
I just applied Egg money to replace my MS card. The thing is, they just give me 1200 pounds credit limit. I don't blame them because I am a new costumer anyway. If I want to buy something priced like 2000 pounds, can I acctually preload 900 pounds first and then spend 2000 pounds one off? In this case, how much cashback can I get? Nothing, 1% of the 1100 pounds or 1% of the 2000 pounds?

Thanks for your attention.

Comments

• marvin
    marvin Posts: 2,185 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    bonecase wrote: »
    I just applied Egg money to replace my MS card. The thing is, they just give me 1200 pounds credit limit. I don't blame them because I am a new costumer anyway. If I want to buy something priced like 2000 pounds, can I acctually preload 900 pounds first and then spend 2000 pounds one off? In this case, how much cashback can I get? Nothing, 1% of the 1100 pounds or 1% of the 2000 pounds?

Thanks for your attention.

Yes
    1% of £2000

Egg money also pays interest on credit balances and 1% on all spending not just deficit spending.
    I started with nothing and I am proud to say I still have most of it left.
  • bonecase
    bonecase Posts: 85 Forumite
    Options
    marvin,

Thanks for you reply. Do you happen to know any limitation of the cashback such as only multiples of 15 pounds can be available when I was with MS card?

Thanks!
  • LittleVoice
    LittleVoice Posts: 8,974 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Maximum of the normal 1% cashback is £200/account year.

There is no upper limit to the instant cashback.

I think the minimum for the 1% cashback is either £5 or £10 and is paid in March. It's not based on a multiple basis - only on the lower and upper limits.
  • bonecase
    bonecase Posts: 85 Forumite
    Options
    LittleVoice,

Thanks for your explanation. £10,000 each year on main credit card should be OK for me.
  • sicker
    sicker Posts: 1,370 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Bonecase, last year I preloaded my Egg Money card to a credit balance of £9000 and used it too buy my car. Got £90 cash back added to my total and with thoughtful spending managed to get £200 in March this year as well as the monthly interest whilst it is in credit.

John
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport