We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
The Green Deal - Assessors in Scotland
maggiesoop
Posts: 358 Forumite
in Energy
There is much talk on the radio about this scheme due to start being funded at the end of this month.
My boiler is about 20 years old and I would definitely like to get a new one funded through this scheme.
I spoke with a girl from Energy Saving Scotland who said assessments could be carried out in advance of the funding being put into place however the link [URL="mhtml:{9C1A50C7-96ED-4338-BF67-EECE514705EC}mid://00000472/!x-usc:http://greendealorb.co.uk/"]http://greendealorb.co.uk/[/URL] shows only TWO suppliers in the whole of Scotland. I'm based in Edinburgh and this seems unlikely but I just can't find an assessor in my area. Does anyone have any more information? Thanks
My boiler is about 20 years old and I would definitely like to get a new one funded through this scheme.
I spoke with a girl from Energy Saving Scotland who said assessments could be carried out in advance of the funding being put into place however the link [URL="mhtml:{9C1A50C7-96ED-4338-BF67-EECE514705EC}mid://00000472/!x-usc:http://greendealorb.co.uk/"]http://greendealorb.co.uk/[/URL] shows only TWO suppliers in the whole of Scotland. I'm based in Edinburgh and this seems unlikely but I just can't find an assessor in my area. Does anyone have any more information? Thanks
0
Comments
-
I just came across this on a site Find out more about the Green Deal, a scheme that lets people pay for energy ... In Scotland, call 0800 512 012 to be directed to your local Energy Saving ..
I know that Scottish Gas will be taking part but am sure more companies will come on board.Self Employed, Running my Dream Jobs0 -
The green deal is not free.
It is paid - at a profit - from a levy on your energy bills in the future.
A boiler replacement is very unlikely to make economic sense, so may not be funded under this scheme.
Replacing the boiler is unlikley to save more than 10%.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards