We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

JAN 2013 POLL: How Much Do You Spend Per Month On Electricty?

Willing2Learn
Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
Forumite
edited 17 January 2013 at 8:40PM in Energy
cinereus wrote: »
Can someone make a new poll for 2013 with realistic prices and clarification on price per adult or something similar?
I also want a new poll so here it is!! (What d'your last slave die of???)
I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:

How Much Do You Spend Per Month On Electricity? 64 votes

Winter: Less Than £30
15% 10 votes
Winter: £30-£50
21% 14 votes
Winter: £50-£75
7% 5 votes
Winter: £75-£100
7% 5 votes
Winter: More Than £100
1% 1 vote
Summer: Less Than £30
21% 14 votes
Summer: £30-£50
12% 8 votes
Summer: £50-£75
10% 7 votes
Summer: £75-£100
0% 0 votes
Summer: More Than £100
0% 0 votes
«1

Comments

  • ElkyElky
    ElkyElky Posts: 2,459 Forumite
    3 people spend less than £30 a month in winter???

    I'm as frugal and tight fisted as much as the next person and can't get my electric lower than £90 a month! And that's with the cheapest tariff for my area, hell I even charge all my devices at work to save on the odd few pennies!
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • I_luv_cats
    I_luv_cats Posts: 14,459
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I use Ebico imeasure to get an idea on how much Household energy I am using.

    http://ebico.imeasure.org.uk/
  • We choose to pay £45 DD every month throughout the year, it means we pay off next winter before it happens. In October we were about £90ish in credit so that makes using our only heater less of a worry. We also live in one room together to save on usage.
    H2H
    Happily married mama of 5
  • tim9966
    tim9966 Posts: 497
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    December bill was £20.73. Average about 3-4 kwh per day.

    Live on my own, at work all day, sometimes weekends as well. Have gas central heating, and a combi boiler for hot water.
  • we live in a first floor flat which means we get heat from down stairs as well which means we don't have to spend much
    :p princess moo born 25/11/2009 :p
    Sealed Pot Challenge # 1895 20p Savers Club 2013 # 60
    Save £5k in 2013' challenge £0/£5000 #047
    Baby Fund Challenge £0/£1.500


  • SailorSam
    SailorSam Posts: 22,754
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I don't think a simple poll like that can tell you anything, some people may be in 6bed detached houses and others in a tiny bedsit
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

    Daniel Defoe: 1725.
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,906
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Some may be all electric, I am for one and this is obviously different to someone with gas or other heating.
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

    I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • we have a 3bed semi with 2 kids under 10, and I pay £50pm by DD and its usually more or less bang on within a few pound every bill...
  • Swipe
    Swipe Posts: 6,380
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 19 January 2013 at 7:20PM
    [STRIKE]All[/STRIKE] electric here (two air con units and a stove) £30 - £40 a month in winter (£100/year for coal) and £10 - £15 electric in summer
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,906
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Swipe wrote: »
    All electric here (two air con units and a stove) £30 - £40 a month in winter (£100/year for coal) and £10 - £15 electric in summer

    You aren't all electric, you use coal as well.
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

    I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.