🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Unauthorised payment taken

Options
We recently authorised a payment from one our card's but before confirmatiom and completion the battery failed on the telephone.We assumed the payment was therefore not collected.Five days later we received receipt through the post confirming our remaining balance was collected,taking me over my limit on the card incurring a charge and effecting our credit rating.We did not
authorise the amount collected,I am very annoyed about,has anyone any advice.(already mailed the card comp they have agreed to refund the charges,but they still have to notify that we were over our limit)
Leebee346

Comments

• jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I really don't see the problem.
    It was your intention for the payment to go through and indeed would probably have gone through properly if your battery had not died yet you are now complaining that somehow it did go through!

What were trying to do then when you tried to authorise payment??
  • leebee346
    Options
    I did not authorise the actual amount taken.The amount taken was actually four times the amount they should of taken.We make a monthly payment,the intention was to make the usual payment,not the outstanding balance.I hope this is now clear.
    Leebee
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family