babyroo Posts: 89 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    well done :beer::beer::beer::beer:
  • eloisemummy
    eloisemummy Posts: 354 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I recently won Ant & Decs Saturday Night takeaway competition. Winning : a 7 night Holiday for 6 people to Mauritius, £20,000 cash and a Gadget Package which includes Adult and Children Mountain Bikes, Samsung 3D TV, iPad Mini, Canon SLR Camera and much more.....

I entered online so its definitely true :)

wowzers :D think id have fainted with shock

Awesome win well done xx
    AUG WINS Octonauts goodies, wall scene worth £145, years supply of tea, quicksilver T.Shirt, bulldog skincare, cookbook, my little pony hair clips, collectors edt of Beano, Sony E-Reader, £75 experience voucher, 1D puzzles

Thankyou to all comp posters for doing a fantastic job and to all BE LUCKY!!! :)
  • captain_planet
    Options
    spamum wrote: »
    Thanks everyone. As a relative newbie it is very inspiring to see that dedication to comping can pay off. I will not mumble quite as much when I have to re-enter my details multiple times.

You are all very lucky and kind to share you stories. That's EDC for kicking off the link x:j
    You can get autofill add ons for your web browser (just google them), makes entering multiple times much quicker as it just drops in all your details with one click. Sadly it's not worked for me... yet!
  • captain_planet
    Options
    Does anyone have any rough estimates how many entries these get?

Would be interesting as you could work out your odds of winning if you entered all of them over one year
  • EverDecreasingCircles
    Options
    Does anyone have any rough estimates how many entries these get?

Would be interesting as you could work out your odds of winning if you entered all of them over one year

I'm sure someone posted that info somewhere on the forum so I'm sure there will be someone along to answer your question.

I've noticed we tend to get far more winners from Dickinson's Real Deal than any of the other ITV comp, possibly because it's a daytime show.

EDC x
    Biggest win: £10,000 from Pepsi
    Favourite win: Handmade jewellery worth £1000
    ITV Winners Club Member #1
    Check out the ITV Winners Club in IWIWIW
    I shall write in ever decreasing circles until I have nothing left to say
  • ziut3k
    ziut3k Posts: 136 Forumite
    Options
    I doubt these are shown to a public eye and ever will be. For instance If you knew how many PAID entries were made for each comp you could work out how much money they've made (taking out text-service provider fees etc.) :)
    Let stick with what we've got at the minute, these odds are literally millions times better then winning a lottery jackpot - so fingers crossed.
    2014 Wins: a personalised razor, 1x Cushelle Koala :), Sony micro Bluetooth earphones, Tastecard for 2 months....

...Good luck to all! :-) Thumbs up and Thanks to all those posting comps on MSE and beyond!! :T
  • libra10
    libra10 Posts: 18,752 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Real Deal run six competitions weekly, the other ITV comps may be run weekly/fortnightly/monthly, depending on the prize.

Not surprising there are more RD winners.

Good luck.
  • captain_planet
    Options
    ziut3k wrote: »
    I doubt these are shown to a public eye and ever will be. For instance If you knew how many PAID entries were made for each comp you could work out how much money they've made (taking out text-service provider fees etc.) :)
    Let stick with what we've got at the minute, these odds are literally millions times better then winning a lottery jackpot - so fingers crossed.

Yeah they would never say but I sure someone would have an idea, agreed the odds are waaaaay better than the lottery, I actually think you have a good chance of winning if you look at it over a year, assuming you enter most of them and the maximum number of times. You can see by the number of winners on here!
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,941 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    ziut3k wrote: »

The numbers are probably much higher than this now
    During a four year period from 2003 to 2007 GMTV received 62 million competition entries, that's equal to 15.5 million a year, almost 300,000 a week or over 42,500 a day

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4148435
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport