We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Ebico

edwardw
edwardw Posts: 213 Forumite
Im on an EDF fixed tarrif at the moment, but looking at options for when that runs out!
Anyone use Ebico?
They look good, like the not for profit bit!

Comments

  • penrhyn
    penrhyn Posts: 15,215
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Their flat rate pricing structures favour very low users, billing is by SSE whose prices they benchmark against.
    That gum you like is coming back in style.
  • Yolina
    Yolina Posts: 2,262 Forumite
    edited 16 January 2013 at 12:40PM
    I have my gas with Ebico, works for me as a low user :) as I much prefer to pay the quarterly given that usage will vary depending on how cold winters are and I got fed up with monthly DD never quite being "right". For electricity, and despite being a low user for that too, NPower is cheapest for me and because my use is very consistent year-on-year, I don't mind monthly DD for that.
    Now free from the incompetence of vodafail
  • Wywth
    Wywth Posts: 5,079 Forumite
    edwardw wrote: »
    Im on an EDF fixed tarrif at the moment, but looking at options for when that runs out!
    Anyone use Ebico?
    They look good, like the not for profit bit!

    About 50,000 people use Ebico the last time I looked.

    Follow the MSE guide to find the best deal for you
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/you-switch-gas-electricity

    Not for profit does not necessarily mean they are the cheapest.

    I came across this other not for profit energy company the other day
    http://www.open4energy.co.uk/

    They appear quite expensive, (especially as they ask for the whole years standing charges up front in the first month) but that's because they give any excess to charity (about £187 a year for a typical user they suggest) so are 'not for profit' :cool:
  • I also use Ebico for gas as I am a low user, so I don't pay any Tiers or standing charge it worked out £80 a year cheaper than British Gas, although I still have my electric with BG as they work out cheaper than Ebico.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.