need to learn how to use a spreadsheet

Options
Hello,

Tired of working with bits of paper. I use Linux instead of Windows and have LibreOffice Calc spreadsheet installed. Before I settle down to mastering the basics of it I wonder if there's something specifically designed to track the share prices of unit and investment trusts?

If there is, would it be easier to master than Calc?

bludger

Comments

• innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Google Finance?

Yahoo Finance?

Or you could google for words such as "share price trackers"?

I might misunderstand your question.............if you are just looking for an online spreadsheet, you could try Google Drive where you can create your own spreadsheets (and other stuff).
  • Vortigern
    Vortigern Posts: 3,247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    bludger wrote: »
    I wonder if there's something specifically designed to track the share prices of unit and investment trusts?

Register for a free account at ft.com then you can use their portfolio tool to replicate and track your investments.

Trustnet has a similar function.
  • jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,668 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    On Linux you have Gnu Cash which will do that for you, similar to MS Money on Windows and indeed it is also available for Win
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • bludger
    bludger Posts: 31 Forumite
    Options
    Well, I've now registered on Trustnet and very useful the portfolio listing will be. Thank you Vortigern.

I've tried downloading Gnucash but the repository of my distribution is having problems at the moment. I'll have to give it a day or two before I try again. Thank you jimjames. I like to use Linux whenever possible.

Thanks to the others who posted. I'll get round to using the links provided this week and will pick what seems the easiest to use.

Bludger
  • roxannafy48
    Options
    innovate wrote: »
    Google Finance?

Yahoo Finance?

Or you could google for words such as "share price trackers"?

I might misunderstand your question.............if you are just looking for an online spreadsheet, you could try Google Drive where you can create your own spreadsheets (and other stuff).

*nod*

What about Morningstar?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family