M & S Credit Card

Options
Hi there,
I have a M & S More Card with a limit of £5000. I've been using the card for 0% purchases and paying it off in full every month. Need some advice. I've obviously got the full £5000 available. I'm looking to purchase a used car. I have approx £3500 on my current car for part-ex rate. Need a balance of £5000 to get the car I want. Can I get the car on the credit card and, if I do, will it be at 0%? Also, can anyone tell me if the 0% purchase rate has a certain length of time before it expires? I don't want to be slammed for high interst rates on the credit card.
"How far you go in life depends on you being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and the strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these."

Comments

• abitrubbish
    Options
    How long have you had the card? I think the 0% on purchases is for 12 months from the date you opened the account. Which means that if you don't manage to pay it off in full before this 12 months is up then you will be hit with interest at I think 15.9%.

If you are within 6 months of getting the card, you could purchase the car on another card (see other recent post regarding whether they will let you do this) and then transfer the balance to M&S to take advantage of the LOB offer (3.9% or 4.9% depending when you got the card). Which would be a better deal if you are not planning to pay it off very quickly.
  • Phantom_Flan_Flinger
    Options
    The current M&S card is only 0% until Jan 2008.

It should say on your statement when your 0% is due to run out.

Your car dealer will probably accept a credit card, but as they'll be charged 2-3% for the transaction, they may want to transfer that fee to you.
    Dave. :wave:
  • Tigger36
    Tigger36 Posts: 200 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the help guys - managed to get the car I wanted at 0% interest over 4 years. Nice one! No credit card payments and well within budget. :T
    "How far you go in life depends on you being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and the strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these."
  • sinu_e_soide
    Options
    hi sorry i don t remember how i can write a new thread!!!help
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills