New to saving!

I need as much advice as possible!
I'm 22, my hours have just been cut down to less than 10 a week with one job and 10 in the other, oh, and I'm currently lodging (So I only have one cupboard and one freezer draw, and live in one room!)

I smoke and have cut to tobacco thus saving me around 20quid a week but I need to start saving more!
I top up my phone with the bare minimum and I've stopped drinking and only have a takeaway around once a week (I used to have about three a week, it's weird I'm not a million stone!!)

Any advice is good (I am waiting to get off meds before I start to stop smoking as been advised by doctor, so STOP SMOKING isn't advice! LOL!)

Anyone in the same situation as me?
May Winnings : MP4 Player
Money Saved This Year:
Target For Christmas 2013: 00/400

Comments

• My best advice is to open up an ISA which is tax free and do a budget. I tend to pay myself on payday and THEN pay my bills.

Good Luck with your journey!
  • Get a new job, 20 hours per week doesn't leave much for saving.
  • holbol1
    holbol1 Posts: 124 Forumite
    use vouchers, check out the forum freebie no spend! If you are time friendly they you can get some good deals!!! also quidco if you are time friendly, takes a while to build up some money but if you are time friendly again it all helps!!
    2014 challenges:

52 week money challenge
    Swagbucks, started Jan 2014- £15: £15 voucher target (target reached in a month!) now £55:£100 for the year
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure