Forum Home » Quick! Grabbit while you can

HOME BARGAINS finds thread 5 - Page 7

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

HOME BARGAINS finds thread 5

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Quick! Grabbit while you can
1.3K replies 858.1K views

Replies

• PopperwellPopperwell Forumite
    5.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bishop Auckland branch, a microwave pressure cooker reduced to £2.99 similar to the one sold at Coopers online which I think is £4.99.
    "A government afraid of its citizens is a Democracy. Citizens afraid of government is tyranny!" ~Thomas Jefferson

"Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in" ~ Alan Alda
  • sumoqueen wrote: »
    No wonder it's 29p because I found it to be the most disgusting squash i have ever tasted!! I got some when it was bogof in £land and got all flavours as they sounded nice! As someone who only drinks squash (and I do not usually mind which brand or flavour) I was very disapointed and wondered if it was the sweeteners in it which made it not nice and gave it an aftertaste? I prefer supermarket value over this :)
    I bought the WeightWatchers squash too, it sounded lovely but unfortunately just tastes strange!
    On Saturday I bought some funny glasses (eyewear) for 19p each! The brand is Spex appeal and they had all sorts, guitar shaped, beer glasses, 1950s style etc. Would be fab if you were having a 'photo booth' at your wedding or party! Also found out something whih may be useful, on the SEL (shelf edge label) it says REG or ONE in very small letters, if it says REG its a regular item and if it says ONE its a one off and they probably wont be getting any more in. :)
    'They only had one cow!'
  • Walkers baked salt and vinegar stars 6 pack - 69p mid march BB date. Huyton branch.
  • I was trying to order some storage boxes online and have just noticed they don't qualify for free store delivery.

I'm too mean to pay delivery! Can anyone tell me if these zip up boxes are available in store? Has anybody seen them?

http://www.homebargains.co.uk/products/6602-humble-vintage-zipped-storage-box-large.aspx

Thankyou
  • I was trying to order some storage boxes online and have just noticed they don't qualify for free store delivery.

I'm too mean to pay delivery! Can anyone tell me if these zip up boxes are available in store? Has anybody seen them?

http://www.homebargains.co.uk/products/6602-humble-vintage-zipped-storage-box-large.aspx

Thankyou

I'm sure I've seen them, I'm going tomorrow so will check for you :)
  • obamaobama Forumite
    606 posts
    Ninth Anniversary
    ✭✭
    I was trying to order some storage boxes online and have just noticed they don't qualify for free store delivery.

Thankyou

I saw these on Friday :)
  • Thankyou so much sunshinedays and obama - I am desperate to try and hide away some of my daughter's stuff!!

Hooray - I may have found another excuse to visit Home Bargains!! Can you remember where they were in the store and if they looked quite sturdy?

Big thank yous for your help
    funnyfreckle
  • muffin_man_7muffin_man_7 Forumite
    742 posts
    Tenth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    You could phone the store and ask the have them in BnM as well my daughters friend got one to keep all their socks in jts full mostly with odd one's I'm gonna get a couple for me but I'm after one not so loud
    2nd purse challenge no040£0 Sealed pot challenge ???? £2 trolley find not counting small coins till end year
  • *zippy**zippy* Forumite
    2.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thankyou so much sunshinedays and obama - I am desperate to try and hide away some of my daughter's stuff!!

Hooray - I may have found another excuse to visit Home Bargains!! Can you remember where they were in the store and if they looked quite sturdy?

Big thank yous for your help
    funnyfreckle

I'm sure it was the gardening aisle as I was looking for a gift, one side was gardening and other side different storage boxes. I might be wrong, but think there was a big box of them, rather than on the shelves, they caught my eye as they looked pretty.
  • edited 6 February 2013 at 3:49PM
    harryhoundharryhound Forumite
    2.7K posts
    edited 6 February 2013 at 3:49PM
    Needing some cjeap hand wash to re-fill the pump dispenser in the kitchen - once upon a time supplied by "Carex".
    I found some on sale for 39 pence for 500 ml [£0.78 per litre].

It looked familiar, when I got home and pealed off the label before recycling the bottle, I discovered it had originally been bottled for ASDA.
    :D

Just for fun I have cross checked with the big supermarkets.

You are hard pushed to buy anything under £2 a litre and what sort of neurotic pays £55 a litre for a Dettol in a no touch dispenser?