HOME BARGAINS finds thread 5

Options

Comments

• paulineb_2
    paulineb_2 Posts: 6,489 Forumite
    Options
    abbey well 500 ml bottles of sparkling spring water for 10p in my local store.
  • BargainJunky
    Options
    Chelmsley Wood store this morning had lots of Goody branded hair accessories at 39p a set I got girls headbands (3 per pack) which are ideal for splitting into party bags. They also had brushes (handbag ones, fold up ones etc) in with the hair accessories which were also 39p.
  • littlereddevil
    Options
    Timpanally wrote: »
    Hi Geordielass. I found these last year at a similar price and had mixed results with them. It looked like the sheets didn't dissolve completely so I ended up with what looked like little bits of paper sticking to washing after the cycle had finihsed (easy enough to pull off, though). And I didn't overload the machine (anyway, I don't think I did). So I didn't go back and strip the shelves of every last packet.

Would be interested to hear how you get on with them!

I would have thought too low a temperature was the problem
    travelover
  • thedogsmum
    Options
    Found today The gifted company huge storage bags (made from recycled bottles) for 99p instead of £4.95. Good for Aldi/Lidl :D

Also The gifted company tee towels for 99p too!

Just to warn people, I hot footed along today, to buy a couple of these bags, to find they're £1.79 each in Telford.
  • grannydot
    grannydot Posts: 187 Forumite
    Options
    They were £1.79 in both Kirkcaldy and Leven stores. Bought one for odds and ends of Christmas decorations. They are really big.
  • cheekyweegit
    cheekyweegit Posts: 1,195 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 23 January 2014 at 8:44PM
    Options
    These bags are £1.79 in both Dundee stores when in stock, great for storing quilts, Christmas decorations and I even used them as gift bags.

When using as gift bags I was able to put a whole households presents in one bag for transportation without worrying about the handle snapping or bag tearing unlike the giant paper gift bags. On the plus side they can be re-used by the recipient so you may find you get it back next year. Recycling at its best.
  • Westywoodpecker
    Options
    thedogsmum wrote: »
    Just to warn people, I hot footed along today, to buy a couple of these bags, to find they're £1.79 each in Telford.

I'm really sorry they are £1.79 in your store :(
    Honestly they are 99p in my local Preston store. :o
    Now thanks to Tommix & Queen Bear, now Lady Westy of Woodpecker :)
  • thedogsmum
    Options
    I'm really sorry they are £1.79 in your store :(
    Honestly they are 99p in my local Preston store. :o

No need for apology - they're still good value at £1.79 but I wanted to let people know they weren't such a low price in all stores.
  • I_am_mad
    I_am_mad Posts: 1,461 Forumite
    Options
    Are there any of those bags in merry hill store?
    :jHas saved so much money since joining this forum, thanks to all you kind people out there :j
  • juliebunny
    juliebunny Posts: 1,705 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 23 January 2014 at 6:54PM
    Options
    Found today The gifted company huge storage bags (made from recycled bottles) for 99p instead of £4.95. Good for Aldi/Lidl :D

Also The gifted company tee towels for 99p too!

Which section were these in please? :o

edit see below!
    Less stuff, more life, love, laughter and cats!
    Even if I'm on the shopping threads, it doesn't mean I'm buying! Sometimes it's good to just look and then hit the CLOSE button!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure