Ask Atos Healthcare disability assessment questions

Options

Comments

• vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
    Options
    ebsay, yes, as others have said, you can bring somebody with you to the assessment.

Will it be ok if my brother-in-law comes with me,he's a consultant in Rheumatology at my local NHS hospital?
  • mazza111
    mazza111 Posts: 6,327 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry ATOS rep: I do not want to contact you directly with regards to my dd's case, MSE may know who you are, but I'm a little more careful with personal information. This is not the kind of information I would give out online. I will chase them up myself. Along with a letter of complaint to the DWP and my MP about the length of time it takes. Pretty sad that the lovely doctor who seen my dd has probably now been audited because she sent the recommendation for SG to DWP. (can't propel a manual wheelchair).
    4 Stones and 0 pounds or 25.4kg lighter :j
  • fin7
    fin7 Posts: 198 Forumite
    Options
    Is it normal to win an appeal and in less than 4 weeks be sent the forms to start the whole rig ramble again?
  • JS477
    JS477 Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    Options
    fin7 wrote: »
    Is it normal to win an appeal and in less than 4 weeks be sent the forms to start the whole rig ramble again?

This is one of the many many many criticisms leveled at Atos by MPs. It's as if Atos are being vindictive and spiteful just because you won your appeal and they lost.

I'd contact your MP highlighting what MPs have said with regard to this practice. Other than that as this outfit hold most of the trump cards I'm afraid you'll probably have to comply.
  • damo24
    damo24 Posts: 299 Forumite
    Options

I think that that would depend on the condition however I have heard of numerous cases similar to that. It could be worth having a look at http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/atos_healthcare_evidence_based_p and seeing if your illness is listed there.

For example in the Anxiety protocol on page 19 it states: "In general, the review period of a claimant’s exemption will depend on their history and whether they are receiving treatment. Claimants with several years of intractable anxiety should be reviewed after no less than 18 months, but those with acute problems should be reviewed after 6 months. Claimants beginning a course of psychological treatment should be reviewed after 12 months."

There is nothing to stop them from assessing you sooner however it might help your case if you can point out that they are going against their own guidelines however I'm not sure how much weight that will carry.
  • fin7
    fin7 Posts: 198 Forumite
    Options
    I'm due to have surgery in a few weeks time, something they are well aware of.I really can't face going through all this again.
  • Richie-from-the-Boro
    Options

Revolving Door

The cost to the public purse from appeals relating to the WCA was £60 million in 2011-12
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
  • Richie-from-the-Boro
    Options
    Redman wrote: »
    As this is a Q & A thread, I suppose I had better pose a question to the "ATOS Rep"

Do you have any comments on the cases of injustice and death, that were brought up in the "ATOS and The WCA Debate", held in The Main Chamber of The House of Commons this afternoon, Thursday 17/01/13 ?

Hansard uncorrected one month ago on the 12th December 2012 - Article 2 of the Convention of Human Rights uses the following definitions of genocide, amongst others :

- Killing members of the group
    - Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
  • isolation
    isolation Posts: 120 Forumite
    Options
    I'm due to have surgery in a few weeks time, something they are well aware of.I really can't face going through all this again.

Sorry to hear this fin. We're in the same position, we have been waiting for a decision for a claim 15 months old, based on assessments which even ATOS say are not fit for purpose and my partner's tribunal date is 6 days after a massive operation so we will have to cancel or at least postpone for several months.

She needs to focus on other things now, but at least it stops them in having to deal with it for a good while longer.

A month after the scheduled tribunal date, it will be the date of her 12 month DWP/ATOS re-assessment!

Up until a couple of years ago I had no knowledge of the benefit system and had no idea it was so disgusting.

Good luck with your surgery,
    Dee
    dwpnegligence.wordpress.com
  • Le73Uq86Uv
    Options
    Will it be ok if my brother-in-law comes with me,he's a consultant in Rheumatology at my local NHS hospital?

You can take anyone you like, but have it recorded.

I think he can even speak for you.
    Signature removed club member No1.

It had no link, It was not to long and I have no idea why.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure