Making cash from online survey sites - new MSE guide

Options

Comments

• helentf
    Options
    Hi

I just wanted to warn you all about Toluna. I have been on their site for over 6 years, and this morning I got an email to say they have banned me for not following their terms and conditions, although they would not specify what I had done. They have confiscated all my point and also the £95 in Amazon vouchers I had earned. I can not believe that there was no warning, nor proof and not come back, they have just taken all my hard work. I would suggest to anyone who is thinking of joining Toluna to think again.
  • GreyAndGold
    GreyAndGold Posts: 738 Forumite
    Options
    helentf wrote: »
    Hi

I just wanted to warn you all about Toluna. I have been on their site for over 6 years, and this morning I got an email to say they have banned me for not following their terms and conditions, although they would not specify what I had done. They have confiscated all my point and also the £95 in Amazon vouchers I had earned. I can not believe that there was no warning, nor proof and not come back, they have just taken all my hard work. I would suggest to anyone who is thinking of joining Toluna to think again.
    I can imagine how furious that makes you, and its not just toluna that pulls that sort of move, have heard similar stories about most of the sites. Thats why rule number one when using these sites is cash out as soon as you are able.
    Survey sites: The DOs & DON'Ts

Before you become a survey stasher, there are a few things worth knowing. Remember, patience and consistency are key virtues.

DON'T store cash in survey accounts

Have you tried to contact them to get your amazon vouchers at the very least even if you don't get your account back? Amazon vouchers can be loaded straight onto your account and have a 10 year expiry date so is much safer to store them on your amazon account rather than on a survey site.

Hope you manage to get this sorted outwith toluna.
  • Redalligator
    Options
    Hi all

Just been reading about surveys and i was wondering how much people make on average and how much time they dedicate to it. I have done some surveys but most of them seem to only but worth £0.30 or such
  • dizzybee
    dizzybee Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Anyone know if Palm Research have finished?

SPC no:076
  • janey777
    Options
    I support the advice given by other forumites. Seriously, don't waste your time on on-line surveys. Rewards are minuscule or illusory.
    I've had one voucher from Toluna after months of giving tme to stupid and boring surveys. Next one supposedly processed but never turned up and they don't respond to enquiries. Hours of effort for NOTHING.

YouGov is even worse - it is geared to pulling you in by crediting loads of points at the beginning, then when you get near the target to achieve £50, they stop sending surveys. I now get a request once in a blue moon and for only 25 reward points, so I'll be about 90 before I qualify.

I have serious doubts about the quality of data these 'surveys' are producing.
    In my experience all these sites are run by con artists. I repeat: DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME. Take up knitting or something you enjoy.:cool:
  • janey777
    Options
    See my post below. Don't get drawn in. Absolute waste of time - they are ripping you off big time. A dishonest industry.
  • Grumpysally
    Options
    Is anyone else getting this message when they try to verify their email address, having signed up to Swagbucks today?

"Bad Hostname in Link

You have clicked on a link that contains a bad hostname. Please make sure that you have typed the link correctly."
  • dannylfc_1
    Options
    I haven't been able to get on the homepage for a while now. After every survey is 'finished' it also fails to take me back to the homepage then too, so I cant get to my rewards section. Anyone else having trouble? Usually reliable
  • sonicology
    Options
    dannylfc_1 wrote: »
    Anyone else having problems with Ipsos I-Say?

I just logged in a minute ago, didn't have already problems. Have you tried clearing your cache or using a different browser?
  • chels
    chels Posts: 1,287 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    dannylfc_1 wrote: »
    I haven't been able to get on the homepage for a while now. After every survey is 'finished' it also fails to take me back to the homepage then too, so I cant get to my rewards section. Anyone else having trouble? Usually reliable

I'm finding the site very slow, after I complete a survey the site does eventually load but takes a few minutes which is ridiculous and rather annoying!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback