Making cash from online survey sites - new MSE guide

Options

Comments

• pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Three posts spamming the same company in the same thread - Suggests to me that pointsforopinions are utterly incompetent when it comes to hiring stooges!
  • Mrs_Soup
    Mrs_Soup Posts: 1,154 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    j2401 wrote: »
    Hello,
    I just wondered if there are any surveys sites that allow 2 people from the same house to both join. Thanks.

Both my husband and I are members of Prolific but I'm a serious surveyor and he just does the odd one here and there. You are not supposed to both do the same surveys. We seem to get mostly different ones due to our different demographic (gender, age, working status etc).
  • leahkicker99
    Options
    Online surverys are great and loved reading everyone opinions - all noted! :beer:

I've joined onto market research databases and that's a great way to earn extra money. You can make quite a bit just for taking part in a focus group. Here's a link to a great one I recently used: thefieldbox.com/signup
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Has anyone else spent ages (over 30minutes) on the My Survey survey about medical conditions and treatment ?

I finished it, but after thanks nothing happened and the rest of the site went odd, thanking for surveys not even attempted, only partially printed survey numbers in the records and other things I can't recall as it was two weeks ago.

I raised a ticket, which appeared to have some action ,but no reply, so I commented on this some days ago and still no reply.

They normally respond to tickets online or via email,but this one seems to have gone dead.

For a short survey ,I wouldn't bother as they often achieve their target conveniently just as you reach the end, but this took ages and wanted lots of personal information.
  • Mrs_Soup
    Mrs_Soup Posts: 1,154 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Emmieuk wrote: »
    Hi everyone :)

I am new to the MSE forums and looking to boost my income. I have joined Swagbucks and Prolific Academic (though they have no surveys for me at present).

What other sites do people use?

Any advice or tips?

Many thanks

My favourite by a mile is Prolific because it is a million times more interesting than the others. Make sure you answer all the pre screening questions to have the best chance of surveys otherwise you will only get the very generic ones. Some of them do fill up really quickly so unless its a very niche one or has hundreds of places you won't necessarily get anything if you log on only once a day. But they are really good- you can email the researcher direct if you have issues about a survey and usually get a response. They also pay in actual money rather than points, vouchers, shells, or whatever else they come up with.
    I also use Valued Opinions and My survey - less rewarding but have accumulated a reasonable amount in Amazon vouchers over a few months, I can usually cash out one or the other every 2-3 weeks. I have also joined Populus Live and You gov which tend to email you about surveys and not screen you out much but surveys are fewer and the cash out is £50 in both cases which takes a while to get to.
  • Zosa
    Zosa Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    I have only really been using Prolific, been on the site for about 3 weeks now and I have managed to earn just over £50 for very little work really. I work on a computer all day anyway, so can refresh every now and again and complete surveys all day. I don't do any on the weekend or evenings so not to bad going.

Will look at some of the others but I'm in full time work so this is just a little extra spending / saving money.
  • hareng
    hareng Posts: 581 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    teddysmum wrote: »
    Has anyone else spent ages (over 30minutes) on the My Survey survey about medical conditions and treatment ?

All manner of things, uncommon to have to spend less than 6 mins going through the repetitive DOB, Age, Sex, etc when in profile to 45mins+. Then be told not suitable or just presumably ends.
    Stopped using them about 2 years ago.

Others much the same certainly Global Test Market and Valued Opinions, total repetitiveness the questions theyre asking are in profile and have to filled out every time. Wore thin 4 yrs ago.
    Assuming can get past that stage and not screened out as they have their answers can take 12 months to achieve £40 at 10mins a day.
  • sharpe106
    sharpe106 Posts: 3,559 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mrs_Soup wrote: »
    Both my husband and I are members of Prolific but I'm a serious surveyor and he just does the odd one here and there. You are not supposed to both do the same surveys. We seem to get mostly different ones due to our different demographic (gender, age, working status etc).

It does state that you will not both be sent the same survey although I have noticed that both me and misses have had same survey before, but we do not do many anyway.
  • teddysmum
    Options
    teddysmum wrote: »

I finished it, but after thanks nothing happened and the rest of the site went odd, thanking for surveys not even attempted, only partially printed survey numbers in the records and other things I can't recall as it was two weeks ago.

I raised a ticket, which appeared to have some action ,but no reply, so I commented on this some days ago and still no reply.

They normally respond to tickets online or via email,but this one seems to have gone dead.

For a short survey ,I wouldn't bother as they often achieve their target conveniently just as you reach the end, but this took ages and wanted lots of personal information.

After 3 weeks, they have replied, saying they can't help without the survey number ,but unless you are allowed to finish the survey,you don't know the codes for those missed,as they disappear.

Their suggestion is to write down the code for every survey attempted, thus adding even more wasted time to that, as above, spent on answering the same old questions (which some well paying sites actual store ).

However, thanks to Outlook, I have retrieved their emails from the relevant date and can find only one relating to a 35 minute survey with 150 points ,so hope that's the one. There was definitely a problem with the site, as I mentioned , so wonder what their next step will be.

Of it's a 'sorry but..' I will do surveys to reach the next 550 point target ,then leave, as in the past, they have given credit when the problem was a technical one.
  • teddysmum
    Options
    They have just agreed to credit the points.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback