NRP most of the time not Habitually Resident???

Options
Does anyone know what the above means 'NRP most of the time is not Habitually Resident in the UK'.

Thank you

Comments

• wayne0
    wayne0 Posts: 444 Forumite
    Options
    what it says,

the NRP does not live in the uk as a matter of habit. Although they may visit the uk. this does not mean they are habitually resident...

(im guessing the CSA refused your case with this explaination? - by law a NRP has to be resident in the uk for CSA to chase after them)

REMO may get cm payments still.. (Kevin may be able to help you more with this - he is pretty knowledgable on the subject of CM / CSA)

Search the forum for REMO :)
  • kevin137
    kevin137 Posts: 1,509 Forumite
    Options
    Either you ARE or you are NOT, you cannot be both...

If you have more info it would help...
  • galangm8
    galangm8 Posts: 149 Forumite
    Options
    kevin137 wrote: »

Exactly Kevin...

I will update when I get home.

Thank you again
  • galangm8
    Options

My NRP left UK six years ago (apparently) and gave his forwarding address in a 'NON reciprocating' country, which he knew CSA would copy to me. Therefore to pay no more child maintenance through CSA or REMO.

If he wants to play silly boy I had some reassessments from 9 years ago backdated and CSA are collecting £5,000 arrears by DEO at £300 pm and every now and then the face to face officer advises open a new case just to 'test the water'.

They came back this time with the above reason for out of jurisdiction but that was after they gave me his real or could be just newly current ;) address in a very 'reciprocating' country.

I wonder how long the CSA have known this address hmmmmm...
  • kevin137
    Options
    The CSA are NOW collecting...?
  • galangm8
    edited 12 January 2013 at 8:08PM
    Options
    The CSA are NOW collecting...?

[/QUOTE

No Kevin, they still cannot collect regular/normal maintenance as out of CSA jurisdiction, but are collecting the' arrears' I had 'racked' up from 2004 (errors I was previously not even bothered about but hey ho).

After CSA give me his real address in September, I immediately started the REMO process and a 'Child Maintenance Order' was issued at the Magistrates Court week before Christmas.

REMO is such a simple procedure, well should be, but if I knew I was going to have to go through all the inefficiencies/maladministration/clueless staff at CSA, HM Courts, Solicitors x2, Embassy, CAB, etc, etc., and think of all the time and energy I have wasted in my childs' life_pale_, all for another 20 or maybe £30,000, I would simply have not started this whole process, but that's what he wanted, didn't he?

All this was caused as CSA would never, point blankly refused, in the beginning, to get proof of his address in his non reciprocating country, advising they did not have the expertise or resources, (what sending a simple letter)..

Therefore any NRP wanting to evade CSA simply: Get a mailbox address in a non-reciprocating country and you worlds you oyster.

I've come too far to turn back now so I guess he's just waiting for the 'knock' he will receive soon and then maybe he can live in peace also.:kisses:
  • kevin137
    Options
    How are the CSA collecting arrears just out of interest...???

Do you chase them about the process and do they have an accurate figure...???

Did they ever get a Liability Order before he disappeared..?
  • galangm8
    edited 12 January 2013 at 9:48PM
    Options
    How are the CSA collecting arrears just out of interest...???

Do you chase them about the process and do they have an accurate figure...???

Kevin the CSA are collecting by DEO on ONE of his UK pensions @ now £300pm, they were mistakenly collecting a meagre figure of 100 odd quid a month, so I when asked why from all his UK income, I then requested an advanced payment, which they eventually offered but I declined (just trying to prove a point).

No point in CSA paying me off, then letting him pay a tiny amount each month to clear these arrears. I told them he needs to know he HAS to pay and now they collect at £300 per month - great, some say but not to me.

CSA should have got proof from the very beginning and that would have been the end, no further maintenance, if he was telling the truth, but they would not.

Now THEY are telling me his REAL address I am appealing the closure 6 years ago.

ps/ They are collecting figure what I told them,( after they were like 5 yr olds and could not understand), CSA1 Full Carer Element 90 wks @ 66.00 full amount as my other child was a grown up adult.
  • galangm8
    Options
    wayne0 wrote: »
    what it says,

the NRP does not live in the uk as a matter of habit. Although they may visit the uk. this does not mean they are habitually resident...

(im guessing the CSA refused your case with this explaination? - by law a NRP has to be resident in the uk for CSA to chase after them)

REMO may get cm payments still.. (Kevin may be able to help you more with this - he is pretty knowledgable on the subject of CM / CSA)

Search the forum for REMO :)

Thank you Wane for replying.

No, NRP does not have to be in the UK to collect, CSA have and are collecting the arrears I racked up (£5,000) by DEO on his UK Army pension,

Thank you again for your advice, but I do not need any further advice regarding CSA/REMO, I have 20 years worth of both.

In fact I am debating whether to form my own website to help newcomers who are just starting out on 'that' road, as it is ridiculous and humiliating what PWC's have to go through, especially when they think they do not have an address for the NRP and they are untraceable.

Thank you
  • kevin137
    Options
    So can you explain if this "pension" is assessable or not...? I know it is attached for arrears, but if it is taxable in the UK is it not assessable, or is it different for the army, i always thought a pension could be attached as income as it is PAID in the UK...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport