How do you pay off an Argos card?

Options

Comments

• chanz4
    chanz4 Posts: 10,906 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Can beat all of these, if you have a mastercard, put it through as a mastercard debit card on their site and it WILL go through
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
  • Cee
    Cee Posts: 237 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can't pay the balance off with a credit card, I emailed them about that before xmas before knowing about the new card. They only accept debit transactions.

I haven't had time to look into cash transfers with this card but it wasn't offered to me either when I requested the balance transfer. Will have to sort it out tomorrow.

Argos do a "store card" and since I took that on do a credit card. I'm assuming that's why some b/t work and others dont :(
  • Cee
    edited 7 January 2013 at 9:37PM
    Options
    Apparently I didn't opt for the cash transfer, I assumed it meant withdrawals at the time and didn't want the choice. If my old credit card that I made the initial transfer from did it, would the new card do another transfer from it or is it just a case of one card one transaction?
    Anyone know?
    Scratch the above, it won't allow them either :(

How are people like me allowed to get out of debt exactly??
  • Cee
    Options
    chanz4 wrote: »
    Can beat all of these, if you have a mastercard, put it through as a mastercard debit card on their site and it WILL go through
    I've just re read what you have said put it as a debit card.... hmm its a thought, but I have to wait for my mastercards transfer to be completed first before I can give it a go.

In the meantime I've contacted my new card to see if they will allow a cash transfer... doubt I'll be that lucky.
  • chanz4
    chanz4 Posts: 10,906 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    the reason I know, have done it myself a few times its a flaw in their systems. Staff wont tell you the flaw
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
  • Cee
    Options
    Well I will give it a try for sure ;)
  • Curr946
    Curr946 Posts: 525 Forumite
    Options
    remember that would be classed as a purchase not a balance transfer
    If you keep on doing what's you've always done, you'll keep on being what you've always been...:think:
  • shortcrust
    shortcrust Posts: 2,697 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Newshound!
    edited 8 January 2013 at 4:30PM
    Options
    Edit: I really must start reading the whole thread before posting!
  • Cee
    Options
    My old card is a Master card, so if that worked I could get another balance transfer from the same card, would they allow a second transfer this way?

I found out that Barclays are part of the company who own Argos which is why they didn't allow the transfer, they provided me with a list as long as your arm of which cards they won't allow because of this. It's no wonder they can afford the 0% balance transfer offers when you look at it...

Still waiting for the funds to transfer, Barclay card is saying its off my credit limit balance now, Master card still has the balance. I've messaged them saying how long am i to expect having double balance !
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Cee wrote: »
    I found out that Barclays are part of the company who own Argos ...
    Barclays are part of Home Retail Group plc?
    I don't think so.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport