MSE News: Halifax: House prices up in December

"Prices rose by an average 1.3% in December but are predicted to end this year as they are now..."
Read the full story:

Halifax: House prices up in December

OfficialStamp.gif

This thread is not in the 'discuss house prices and economy board' as that is only open to those logged into the forum so anyone coming from the news story may not be able to see it.

Replies

• HAMISH_MCTAVISHHAMISH_MCTAVISH Forumite
    28.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prices rose 2.3% since Dec 2011.

So Halifax joins Land Reg, ONS and Acadametrics as all showing prices rising over the last year.
    “The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie – deliberate, contrived, and dishonest – but the myth, persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.

Belief in myths allows the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.”

-- President John F. Kennedy”
  • edited 7 January 2013 at 5:44PM
    JHWiltsJHWilts Forumite
    47 Posts
    edited 7 January 2013 at 5:44PM
    Whilst I am perplexed by the ups and downs of the housing market just a word of warning if you use Zoopla - they appear to value houses, even if you make the changes to your own properties, based on the price they were last sold for. Our neighbour's house was on there and theirs appears to be undervalued considering they bought a wreck & have completely gutted and redone the house - it is lovely now.

Just a word of warning
    Mortgage from £100,400 to currently £77,100 in 7 years:beer:
    Starting 2014 goal of seriously cracking my debt! If I wouldn't buy it full price - why bother in the sale :rotfl::money::T:j
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides