We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Twitter and Facebook

2»

Comments

  • hamsterfan1
    hamsterfan1 Posts: 8,281 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    I've won on both - but the twitter comps for good prizes get insane numbers of entries (I noticed one that had over 5,000 and it had only been posted a couple of hours)
    proud gran to 4 lovely boys and one little girl
  • paadzer
    paadzer Posts: 1,846 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    I have won on both so don't give up :)
  • Lolasmom
    Lolasmom Posts: 339 Forumite
    I won a few times on facebook but nothing on twitter yet. Perhaps this is the year for change? :o


    Wishlist
    Roberts radio, I Phone, Philips Lumea, Clarisonic Mia, Holiday, cash/vouchers
  • cagsd
    cagsd Posts: 7,697 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    I don't even understand how Twitter works so obviously, not being on it, I haven't won anything on there!
    I enter lots of FB comps (mainly the ones with apps, games, sweepstakes etc as opposed to likes and shares) but have never won anything, oh except a Pringles speaker and some sweets!!
  • Hi, I am fairly new to twitter as well. Have been following and retweeting comps on here but how do they let you know? Will they email me or tweet me? I don't really use twitter except to comp so worried about missing my possible prizes.
  • Abbafan1972
    Abbafan1972 Posts: 7,233 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    I have won a couple of competitions via Facebook (actual ones where you fill in your details, not "like and share" ones). A Nintendo 3DS and a Pure Dab radio.

    I haven't one anything on Twitter yet.

    I am probably going to stop doing the like and share ones, there's a discussion about it in this section and a lot of them turn out to be fake.
    Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £8,594.01 Nearly there!
  • I'm very new to both competitions and Twitter.:wave:

    Does it make a difference how many followers you have? I'd be very happy to follow anyone on here if they follow me back.

    With regard to Facebook shares....don't you just end up annoying your friends?

    Yet to win anything, comping since November last year but I'm not giving up as per the good advice in this forum.

    Good luck to everyone in 2013 and to all those who post comps....I am trying to find new competitions to share but so far I have been beaten to it!
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 47,405 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    kit34 wrote: »

    personally i dont think these like and share comps should be posted on the boards as they are against FB rules and all to easy to cheat at ! IMO

    Unless it involves voting I don't see how FB "like and share" is easy to cheat at?
    If you mean cheating by the company when selecting a winner then it is no different to almost any other entry method although on the plus side (like retweets) you can see how many entries there have been unlike most competitions.
  • Lolasmom
    Lolasmom Posts: 339 Forumite
    catpmcd wrote: »
    I'm very new to both competitions and Twitter.:wave:

    Does it make a difference how many followers you have? I'd be very happy to follow anyone on here if they follow me back.

    With regard to Facebook shares....don't you just end up annoying your friends?

    Yet to win anything, comping since November last year but I'm not giving up as per the good advice in this forum.

    Good luck to everyone in 2013 and to all those who post comps....I am trying to find new competitions to share but so far I have been beaten to it!


    I have a separate account just for comps (in my hubbys name!;)) that way I keep everything separate. I only have fellow compers (from MSE) as my FB friends on that account so we don't annoy each other and are happy to post links to other comps & do like & shares etc.:)


    Wishlist
    Roberts radio, I Phone, Philips Lumea, Clarisonic Mia, Holiday, cash/vouchers
  • surfboard2
    surfboard2 Posts: 2,006 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    I used to win a lot on twitter 2/3 years ago, but haven't had much luck recently. Probably because there are SO many more twitter compers AND i don't spend as much time tweeting as i used to.

    I only enter the facebook app comps and have had one of my best wins through there.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.