IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Control Management (UK)Ltd. Ticketed in my own space!!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• ginnersinner
    Options
    ManxRed wrote: »
    Only the landowner/occupier can bring a legal claim for trespass.

That's you.

Unless you feel like sueing yourself there's not a lot PCM or the Management Company can do.

Write the Management Co. a letter stating that the PPC is trespassing on your land, and that your lease - which trumps any signs or any other directives - does not require you to display a permit to park on your own land, and that you herewith withdraw any implied access to your land to the Management Co., their agents, employees, and subcontractors.

Or, you could send a letter reminding the parking company of that fact, and tell them to forward any damages they are successful in winning to said landowner, namely you! You could tie them up in all sorts of knots with letters requesting that they sue you (trespasser) on your (landowner's) behalf, letters from you to you requesting more details of the case, etc etc. At court it would be great, you'd be running from side to side as you instruct your representatives as to how to question you. And at the end of it all they'd get nothing and have spent a fortune in legal costs!
    :T:T:T

2010 Wins

Good Beer Guide, 7" digital photo frame, Bottle Armani Code Pour Homme
  • The_Slithy_Tove
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. Has made me a bit more confident about not paying this fine.

The one useful thing that did come out of my phone call with pcm was that they did tell me that I could opt out of the scheme so my spaces would not be patrolled. I have given instructions to my management company to this effect and by 11th of Jan I will be free.

I was surprised that we were not told of this option before pcm took over
    It's not and never was a fine! Do not call it so, as that adds some legitimacy to what was an unenforceable scrap of paper.

Now you understand, as well as expressing your extreme displeasure with the management company, make sure all your neigbours know about this scam, too. None of them must make the mistake in taking PCM seriously and parting with any money.

Oh, why the 11th for being "free" of them. You don't need to give notice more than "from this moment". Just park without a permit from now on. PCM can go swivel.
  • spacey2012
    spacey2012 Posts: 5,836 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    What did you think would happen when you all welcomed them in to "patrol" the car park.
    Sorry, but you lay with dogs, you get fleas.
    Be happy...;)
  • Fergie76
    Fergie76 Posts: 2,293 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Stroma wrote: »
    Another way to look at this is when or if they apply for RK details from the dvla it will show you living in your apartment, which means you have the right to park there. Which ultimately means that this fake ticket is an illegal contractual penalty.

And as been said there is no loss. So it will never ever go to court. Not that these scum bags have ever been there. They cannot clamp or tow you so there is nothing they can do to hamper your enjoyment of the said bit of land.

Surely for it to be deemed a contractual penalty, you would need to have formed a contract?

IMO, this is just purely a speculative invoice, which has not basis.

When the OP withdraws from the scheme, has it ever been known for a PPC to purposely park in someone's space, to try and create a problem that is not there? Kind of a told you so...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure