New Post Advanced Search

Late Taxi - result

edited 9 January 2013 at 8:16PM in Public Transport & Cycling
23 replies 12.7K views
13»

Replies

• photomephotome Forumite
    15.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Bake Off Boss!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Willo78 wrote: »
    Just thought I'd give an update to this thread - I was given the full price of the ticket as a refund by the Taxi company along with receiving very sincere apologies for the hassle caused and the slow response by the manager.

Good result I think! :D

Thanks for all your replies :T

The taxi company paid you £142 ?.....I am shocked
  • A very good result well done. The lesson to be learned here is that you can never rely on taxis ever.
  • real1314real1314 Forumite
    4.4K posts
    20 years ago when I worked in private hire bookings we always had to ask for the time of the train for any station bookings, and then we had to give a pick up time. If the customer accepted the pick up time, we guaranteed to get them there on time (or to their destination if the train was missed).

Seems like a consequential losses type of action to me.

The car company knew the purpose of the journey and therefore could reasonably be aware of the potential costs of failure; assuming they were aware of the time constraints and accepted them, they could well have created a liability.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support